Kent Black Squirrels

burgundy

Thanks everybody. Glad you guys like it.

I'd also like to say that if any fantasy league is willing to take in the Squirrels, I'd be more than happy to join, and it would be greatly appreciated. I'm short on posts now, but I should hit 500 soon enough.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. Somehow the minimalist aspect works on this one. Vern Yip would be proud (not that he's a football fan, or anything....). I like the execution of the design. At first, it looks somewhat odd, but then the action template does it a bit more justice. Would look good on the field in my opinion. Perhaps the only thing needed is a slight color change to the gold so it's not confused too much with New Orleans Saints colors. Either that, or change the black to brown, more of a traditional squirrel color....but then that kinda defeats the use of "Black Squirrels" as the name. Could it possibly work with brown as a main color, and black as a kind of eye/ask color for the squirrel...that is, use the profile view of the squirrel's head on the helmet, but add black circles as a sort of "mask", similar to a raccoon, except more squirrel-like?

I like this concept. Well done. I'll give it an "A".

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Interesting. Somehow the minimalist aspect works on this one. Vern Yip would be proud (not that he's a football fan, or anything....). I like the execution of the design. At first, it looks somewhat odd, but then the action template does it a bit more justice. Would look good on the field in my opinion. Perhaps the only thing needed is a slight color change to the gold so it's not confused too much with New Orleans Saints colors. Either that, or change the black to brown, more of a traditional squirrel color....but then that kinda defeats the use of "Black Squirrels" as the name. Could it possibly work with brown as a main color, and black as a kind of eye/ask color for the squirrel...that is, use the profile view of the squirrel's head on the helmet, but add black circles as a sort of "mask", similar to a raccoon, except more squirrel-like?

I like this concept. Well done. I'll give it an "A".

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I don't really see why they need to be differentiated from the Saints, it's only a fantasy concept. And yeah, changing black to brown completely defeats the purpose of the concept. Kent is very fond of their black squirrels, something unique to the area.

spacer.png

Archived