2010 Final Four logos

JQK

I wish that places could play with the Final Four wordmark, to add a little bit more individuality to it.

It's called branding. I like how the wordmark has been carried over recently. If you notice, the Super Bowl wordmarks are also similar.

Everyone loves a roundel.

I agree with how similar these Final Four logos all seem to be, but I'm a fan of the Detroit logo. It's distinctive, the colors are different than any other Final Four logo I've seen. I think it's pretty badass; fits the city real well.

"Well, they made that change uptown and The Big Man joined the band."

--Bruce Springsteen

"10th Avenue Freeze-Out"

I know it'll never happen because it's not even close to being large enough for the NCAA's liking, but I would love to see a Final Four (hell, even just a regional semi or something) make its way to Madison Square Garden.

How is it possible that MSG hasn't hosted anything tourney-related since 1950 (Meaning the 4th and current Garden has NEVER hosted anything related to it)?

Of course, there's now a brand-spanking new arena a stones throw away in Newark anyway...and the Meadowlands hosted games all the time, including the '96 Final Four.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

How is it possible that MSG hasn't hosted anything tourney-related since 1950 (Meaning the 4th and current Garden has NEVER hosted anything related to it)?

NIT

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

NIT

Well I know they host that, but still...60 years without anything for New York City is a long time.

And the NIT opening rounds aren't played there. They would have no problem hosting an opening round of the tourney...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I know it'll never happen because it's not even close to being large enough for the NCAA's liking, but I would love to see a Final Four (hell, even just a regional semi or something) make its way to Madison Square Garden.

There were reports several months ago that the Garden(along with St. John's and the Big East Conference) was planning on a bid for an East Regional in either '12 or '13, after planned renovations. The sub-regional and regional sites for the next few years were supposed to be chosen by the NCAA last August, but that has been delayed substansially. It looks like we'll know the outcome of the Garden's bid as soon as June or July(assuming there are no more delays).

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Archived