Wrestlemania XXVI Logo

Old School Fool

What's worse, this isn't even the 25th anniversary of 'Mania.

This is the 25th Wrestlemania...

He's actually right, though. The first Mania was in 1985, meaning that the 25th anniversary would have to be in 2010.

This. It's the same deal with anniversary logos for sports teams.

I don't get your points. This is the 25th event. The 25th anniversary. You don't just add 25 to the year it first started and call that the 25 anniversary...that would always be the 26th. You have to count the first one in the year it happened.

In any case, it doesn't bother me because I am not going to pay $49.99 to watch a bunch of actors act like they are hurting each other. I can go rent Bloodsport 2 for $2.99 at my local Blockbuster.

An anniversary is a recognition or celebration of the original event. Going by your example, your first wedding anniversary would be your wedding.

Exactly. 1985 + 25 years= 2010/WrestleMania XXVI

This is the 25th 'Mania, but the show's 24th anniversary.

I wish WWE would work out a deal with the world wildlife fund so they can use the WWF name again, WWE just don't sound right.

Seconded, DEFINITELY.

When I think WWF, I think a respectable, popular product that appeals to many. When it of WWE, I think of a wannabe in high school. More of hollywood approval, acting, and added crowd noise then of some action and athleticism, interest, and genuine cheering.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I wish WWE would work out a deal with the world wildlife fund so they can use the WWF name again, WWE just don't sound right.

Seconded, DEFINITELY.

When I think WWF, I think a respectable, popular product that appeals to many. When it of WWE, I think of a wannabe in high school. More of hollywood approval, acting, and added crowd noise then of athleticism, interest, and genuine cheering.

the wwf name it was respectable brand, when they were forcet to change over to WWE, it just became a joke,

It just don't have that excitement and feel as WWE , WWF had that flair (and ric flair) and swagger like it was treated as a professional sport.

WWE is like the XFL a washed up product.

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

I don't think they can get the WWF name back. Sure I love it though, especially when used in promos by other wrestlers where they'd go "I'm the best there is in the WWF!" and now we have "I am the best there is in the WWE!" which sounds stupid. In The World Wrestling Entertainment? Bah..

bSLCtu2.png

IIRC the dispute was over who got the rights to the name "wwf.com"

If Vince had just gone with something like "wwfwrestling.com" we might still have the Federation.

Though honestly, the name from Federation to Entertainment is kind of overdue, considering Vinnie Mac switched his company from being an athletic show case to being a sex-n-drugs fuelled Russo-inspired nightmare around mid 1997.

If Vince had just gone with something like "wwfwrestling.com" we might still have the Federation.

Though honestly, the name from Federation to Entertainment is kind of overdue, considering Vinnie Mac switched his company from being an athletic show case to being a sex-n-drugs fuelled Russo-inspired nightmare around mid 1997.

WWE is TV-PG now, but they still have their out there moments but not like it use to be, which saddens me. Attitude era was a great thing, but it was only because Vince was trying to beat WCW. Now they got no competition (TNA please) so they don't have to try as hard to push their product.

bSLCtu2.png

WWE is TV-PG now, but they still have their out there moments but not like it use to be, which saddens me. Attitude era was a great thing, but it was only because Vince was trying to beat WCW. Now they got no competition (TNA please) so they don't have to try as hard to push their product.

Well I'm hoping that in the long run this new PG WWE will result in more of an in-ring product focus.

I was never really a fan of WWF Attitude to be honest though. My parents were by no means smothering, but the Attitude content of WWF were a tad to much for their sensibilities. So I was never really exposed to it, thus I never really "got it." I only started watching WWF/E regularly after WM17, the end of the Attitude Era.

I'm not even sure Vince was really happy with the Attitude Era to be honest. One reason the WWF was at the brink of bankruptcy in '95 and '96 was that he refused to change his product when WCW started to mix it up. When he did make the changeover from his "New Generation" to "Attitude" in late '96/early '97, he did it at his company's last opportunity. It was really Vince Russo and Shane McMahon who convinced Vinnie Mac to adapt ECW's style to more of a cable-friendly product, and thus "Attitude" was born. It was never really McMahon's idea anyway, and once WCW was bought out and ECW went under he had no real desire to keep the Attitude concept alive, because he no longer needed it.

How about just one "W" as the logo for wrestling. As for the Wrestlemania 26 logo, I hope they don't change but I know they are. Just like they shouldnt have change the original WM25 logo for what they have now. Like someone stated earlier it looks too much like the WM21 logo

How about just one "W" as the logo for wrestling. As for the Wrestlemania 26 logo, I hope they don't change but I know they are. Just like they shouldnt have change the original WM25 logo for what they have now. Like someone stated earlier it looks too much like the WM21 logo

WWE's graphic design team seems to have 'Mania ADD. Usually they burn through two designs before settling on a final design. In some cases, like WM23, the new logo blows the old one away.

Here, however, I don't think they can come up with a design to top this southwestern themed one.

And WM25 may have the single worst 'Mania logo yet. It even manages to be more obnoxious then the sportzzz entertainment themed WMX-Seven and WMX-8 logos.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived