UFL concept design - Orlando and New York

jrvegeeta

As long as your company logo's for doing something other than logo design, you'll be just fine.

Seriously, though? You need to completely scrap the idea for the New York Shields and start over from scratch. If you can't say anything nice...

As far as the Challengers concept goes? it's got potential, I'll give it that. I'm not sold on the font, color scheme, gold stroke around everything in the shuttle logo, the shape of the blue 'shadow' in the other logos or the 'whoosh' effect in the third.

Keep pluggin' away though, buddy. You'll get there.

Sigs are for sissies.

Good concepts...though I don't think the names are that good.

1. "Shields" can't do a thing by themselves. Now if you were to call them the "Heroes," then that combo would be AWESOME!

2. Isn't Challenger the shuttle that blew up? How about calling them the "Orlando Endeavours," as that's the newest and most successful space shuttle.

bYhYmxh.png

They are not horrible, but I don't like either one. I don't like the names for either team, and the font for the Orlando team along with the colors are not doing it for me at all. Keep working on it though. You could turn both of these around.

These are very clean and well presented, which is always a good thing. And I rather like the Challengers secondary (shuttle) logo. But the name "Shields" isn't doing it for me, even though I love that secondary logo. Keep working at it, and you'll get there. This is a great start.

scotland_fifasig.png

1. "Shields" can't do a thing by themselves. Now if you were to call them the "Heroes," then that combo would be AWESOME!

2. Isn't Challenger the shuttle that blew up? How about calling them the "Orlando Endeavours," as that's the newest and most successful space shuttle.

You hit it right on the head about the Challenger name. I grew up and still live in Central Florida and I promise you that people will not go for that name at all. People in my age group remember watching that launch from our classroom windows. You don't want a team named after a tragedy.

Despite this, you have a good start here. Take some of the C&C and stick with it.

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

Thanks for being honest guys. I suspected that the names weren't all that good, but some people kept telling me that they were good names. When I asked why, they couldn't answer. I hate it when people sugar coat my designs which was the main reason I decided to post here. At least I can get an honest answer out of people here.

Now that I know for sure that those names won't fly since reasons were given, they will be scraped.

Again, thanks for the inputs. You guys helped me more than you realize.

Hmm...you might be on to something there. I'll toss that around with some other friends in my field and see what they think (a few of them happen to be from Orlando).

• 2 weeks later...

Originally being from Florida, I personally have no beef with "Challengers", but perhaps for Orlando, the "Discovery" or "Discoverors" or "Enterprise" might work better if you want to use an "unusual" name. If you go with Enterprise, then you could kinda go futuristic later with some kinda Star Trek thing. Or you could even tweak the angle and make it look like Mouse ears, surely a nod to the biggest "enterprise" in Orlando, WDW.

But the overall idea seems solid to start from....

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

i love the idea of Orlando Challengers. i think you need to come up with about 5 more logo concepts, then spend some more time on your favorite 2 or 3. the font works pretty well, so theres a good start.

i live in Orlando now if it makes any difference :P. shuttle launch tonight!

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Originally being from Florida, I personally have no beef with "Challengers", but perhaps for Orlando, the "Discovery" or "Discoverors" or "Enterprise" might work better if you want to use an "unusual" name. If you go with Enterprise, then you could kinda go futuristic later with some kinda Star Trek thing. Or you could even tweak the angle and make it look like Mouse ears, surely a nod to the biggest "enterprise" in Orlando, WDW.

But the overall idea seems solid to start from....

And Enterprise was the "test Shuttle" was it not?

6fQjS3M.png

To my knowledge, Enterprise was the name of the "mockup" shuttle they used for glide tests and landing tests, and then eventually retrofitted it to be a "full-use" shuttle. Seems to me, it only few a dozen missions or so....

But, I think "Enterprise" not only ties in the shuttle program, and Star Trek, but also the spirit of WDW, which was the brainchild of an enterprise-ing man if ever there was one......Walt Disney.

I think that's why I like the name so much.....but just my 2 cents. B)

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

To my knowledge, Enterprise was the name of the "mockup" shuttle they used for glide tests and landing tests, and then eventually retrofitted it to be a "full-use" shuttle. Seems to me, it only few a dozen missions or so....

But, I think "Enterprise" not only ties in the shuttle program, and Star Trek, but also the spirit of WDW, which was the brainchild of an enterprise-ing man if ever there was one......Walt Disney.

It was originally going to be retrofitted, but they changed the design up for Columbuia, and that would have involved taking apart the orbiter and rebuilding it. I love the name as well.

6fQjS3M.png

The space shuttles are going to be retired soon, it would be better to have a logo that looks like the next generation of space vehicle. How about the Orlando Blast or Orlando Universe (get Universal Studios to sponsor).

As for a police theme for other team, how about the New York Finest, or Protectors, or Blue Crew.

It was originally going to be retrofitted, but they changed the design up for Columbuia, and that would have involved taking apart the orbiter and rebuilding it. I love the name as well.

More specifically, they felt it would be cheaper to convert the test airframe they built into Challenger. Then, after that accident, it was determined to be cheaper to build Endeavour out of spares than refitting Enterprise.

Orion also isn't set to go up for awhile yet IIRC.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

More specifically, they felt it would be cheaper to convert the test airframe they built into Challenger. Then, after that accident, it was determined to be cheaper to build Endeavour out of spares than refitting Enterprise.

Orion also isn't set to go up for awhile yet IIRC.

Yep it's been delayed until likee 2014 IIRC, but the engineers have proposed another plan to recycle some shuttle stuff and have something ready for 2012 IIRC, but the NASA Brass doesn't like the idea.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived