Rest In Peace: Johnny "Red" Kerr and Norm Van Lier

Avenger23

Rest in peace: Johnny "Red" Kerr and Norm Van Lier

I always enjoyed watching games when they were both broadcasting and watching some of the old archived NBA games with them playing for the Chicago Bulls or other teams. You'll both be missed greatly! I especially remember watching Michael Jordan slapping the talcum powder together in his hands right in front of Johnny Kerr at every home game and you could always count on Norm Van Lier to give his honest opinion after a Bulls game.

Rest in peace: Johnny "Red" Kerr and Norm Van Lier

I always enjoyed watching games when they were both broadcasting and watching some of the old archived NBA games with them playing for the Chicago Bulls. You'll both be missed greatly! I especially remember watching Michael Jordan slapping the talcum powder together in his hands right in front of Johnny Kerr at every home game and you could always count on Norm Van Lier to give his honest opinion after a Bulls game.

Wow talk about double whammy for the Bulls Family.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

We just honored Red earlier this season.

CSN Chicago said that the Bulls were going to plan on honoring Norm sometime this season too.

Yes, I remember watching the unveiling of the statue along with all of the former Bulls players. It was a great deal watching all of the happenings. Wasn't Johnny on the list for the Basketball Hall of Fame this year along with Michael Jordan? It's sad that the Bulls didn't get Norm's accomplishments done in the same fashion as "Red" while he was still here.

We just honored Red earlier this season.

Yeah, just about two weeks ago. They had to move it up. It's too bad Norm wasn't invited.

WSCR was going to talk about the invite yesterday, but I didn't get a chance to listen to it. They said they would have more information after the break, but I got home before the got to it.

Kerr was also honored as one of the greatest Illini players of all time by having his jersey hung in the rafters (with approximatey 25 other greats) at a special Alumni game here at the U of I this fall. He was on hand for that event.

Yesterday a moment of silence was observed for him before the Illini game.

It's so odd that they both passed away within hours of each other. I don't think I've ever heard of that happening. Eerie.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived