The FA updates England's crest

Ben7

As much as I was hoping that shirt was a training shirt, I recieved an email from the FA that seems to show the design detail of the right sleeve. So apparently these are the new first shirts. Horrible!

Ugh. Awful. Could you post the image?

Umbro had previously announced that the leaked image was "not genuine", but that's about what you would expect them to say in any case.

At least we know there will be one change: the crest.

By the way, I used the QR Code in that photo, and it takes you to - not the FA's site, not the national team's site, but the page launching the new England shirt.

http://umbroqr.umbro.com/

What's up with that? Does Umbro sell directly off their website, or will there be useful content there after the shirt has been launched? Maybe a re-direct to the FA after the launch? What's the point of that link?

Very true. There used to be a time when England had some of the nicest kits in international soccer. Now, well, they kinda suck.

And just to get back to the heraldic lions - you can't drop a national symbol that goes back over eight hundred years, just to try to appeal to a passing fashion trend.

Agreed. I would actually like to see more countries use their national crests as the basis for their logos.

Oh, OT but what are the chances we'll see a unified British team for the 2012 Olympics?

Archived