EA SPORTS UNVEILS NCAA 09 custom endzones (bowl specific) next gen consoles

scraw28

No Tennessee checkerboard? Fail.

I imagine that they do have the checkerboard for the Tennessee home games. This is for when a team plays in a bowl game. The checkerboard wouldn't be used for a bowl game, the wordmark would.

I think it's cool that teams will have their name in the end zone. I hated looking at the NCAA logo and bowl logo and nothing else in the end zones. This is a defininte step up from that.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The navy endzone bugs the crap out of me. It's not that hard to find a legit word-mark for the Midshipman and they use a font that belongs on something that's in the hands of a tourist over one that belongs on a football field.

I imagine that they do have the checkerboard for the Tennessee home games. This is for when a team plays in a bowl game. The checkerboard wouldn't be used for a bowl game, the wordmark would.

No. Unless the bowl uses generic wordmarks, like the Outback Bowl did when we played in it in 07 and 08, we always request (and typically get) the checkerboards for bowl games.

Why is this a big deal? Didn't PS2 have that, plus bowl patches on the jerseys?

Same thing with Madden. When you made the Super Bowl on the PS2, each team's regular end zone design would be at the game. On the next-gens, it's the generic Super Bowl logo.

Isn't this the kind of thing that should be guaranteed on a next-gen version of a game?

Same thing with Madden. When you made the Super Bowl on the PS2, each team's regular end zone design would be at the game. On the next-gens, it's the generic Super Bowl logo.

Isn't this the kind of thing that should be guaranteed on a next-gen version of a game?

I agree. I was a little confused by the title. I haven't purchased a new NCAA game since they stopped making them for Gamecube, but in those games, they would take the teams' home endzones, which of course meant Notre Dame would have the stripes while FSU would have the white endzones with the green border. I didn't understand why the designer was saying the technology wasn't there before. I guess they just couldn't do it on the new systems.

This is new, however, in that all teams have a colored endzone. I think it is a nice touch. I looked sloppy when one side had grass and the other had full color.

On a different note, I am a little peeved that other teams have three and four colors in their endzones but they couldn't slap a navy outline around the words in Illinois' (as they use at home and in last year's Rose Bowl). Unless they are inaccurate with the Memorial Stadium endzones (which is likely given EA), they created an almost identical endzone for some reason and made it look worse.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I agree. I was a little confused by the title. I haven't purchased a new NCAA game since they stopped making them for Gamecube, but in those games, they would take the teams' home endzones, which of course meant Notre Dame would have the stripes while FSU would have the white endzones with the green border. I didn't understand why the designer was saying the technology wasn't there before. I guess they just couldn't do it on the new systems.

This is new, however, in that all teams have a colored endzone. I think it is a nice touch. I looked sloppy when one side had grass and the other had full color.

On a different note, I am a little peeved that other teams have three and four colors in their endzones but they couldn't slap a navy outline around the words in Illinois' (as they use at home and in last year's Rose Bowl). Unless they are inaccurate with the Memorial Stadium endzones (which is likely given EA), they created an almost identical endzone for some reason and made it look worse.

For the last couple years on the next gen consoles, the bowl game endzones were blank except for the bowl game logo in the corners of the endzones. So these are new for this years game. My favorite is the Arizona State endzone.

Archived