EA SPORTS UNVEILS NCAA 09 custom endzones (bowl specific) next gen consoles

scraw28

The navy endzone bugs the crap out of me. It's not that hard to find a legit word-mark for the Midshipman and they use a font that belongs on something that's in the hands of a tourist over one that belongs on a football field.

Navy does use a similar wordmark, it's just not seen on the football jerseys because they use generic Nike lettering on the uniforms. It would also be nice to see the bowl patches back on the jerseys. I don't think Madden ever did that. As far as Illinois' end zone if the home end zone was colored EA simply moves the same end zone over to the bowl games.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Finally. It only took them what...four years? (NCAA 07 was on Xbox 360). That said, at least it's a minor touch; the gameplay's at least good and online dynasties are AWESOME in 09.

harperdc.gif

I think people are having trouble understanding that these are BOWL end zone wordmarks. They're different than what teams have on their home field, and what they'll have in the game on their home field.
I don't know if you were referring to me, but I understood this was just for bowl games. As I said, in my Gamecube games, you would might have one end zone grass with a name or just stripes, and the other one full color (whatever the team used). I like that these look kinda uniform. My only beef is that they made Illinois' bowl end zone without the navy outline, since it appears in their end zones at home, the last two bowl games they have played in, and on their helmets.
OldRomanSig2.jpg

I like that they've made this happen, and I like most of the execution.

However, MTSU's endzone bugs the crap out of me. They didn't use the regular home endzone (the '98 "Raiders" wordmark on blue) which is still relatively new, winning an online poll when the new turf was put in at Floyd Stadium (2006?). They didn't put "Middle Tennessee" in big letters, or in a generic font. For once, there's something concerning MTSU football that DOESN'T have the MT-with-horse logo...and they didn't even use the italicized MT varsity letters in its place (it's a sort of alternate mark, used on letter jackets, some cheer and band stuff, etc).

Instead, they used another relatively new MTSU logo, the "Middle Tennessee" wordmark with the squiggly. But there are two small problems with that. One, it's black, with no outline, on blue, and doesn't stand out enough. And two, it's an academic mark. This is the first time I've ever seen it used with anything sports related. We use the MT-with-Horse as a primary, and the Raiders wordmarks and MT-without-Horse as alternates. This would be like using the "UT-with-the-state-of-TN-as-the-top-of-the-T" to represent the University of Tennessee, or would be almost as bad as slapping a school's seal on an endzone and calling it done. I call it lazy, myself. (Granted, it's not like many people will ever see it used in the game...but that's beside the point.)

I would have preferred seeing MTSU's old zig-zag-outlined-acronym academic and athletic logo used before seeing this one. Sure, it's current, and represents MTSU...but it's not a logo for sports, it's hard to read, it's tiny, and it just looks bad.

I agree that UTK could be improved with checkerboards somewhere, but overall most of these are very good. However, Middle's endzone is just plain awful.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Well I guess I can't complain that EA finally decided to ditch the diamonds they have been giving SDSU and have actually returned to having San Diego State in the endzone (which they haven't done since I believe '99.) Too bad they can't use the endzone that the Aztecs do use (the San Diego Changers "San Diego" wordmark but in SDSU colors)

sig.jpg

Finally

Finally

Finally

This may be a sign that they are trying to listen to the fan. From a visual standpoint, this will add so much more charm and realness to the game. Yes a couple are off, and some bowls have unique markings (Poinsettia, Holiday, Liberty, Humanitarian), but I could care less. This is a big step for EA.

Also, some bowls allow the actual endzone markings, while others always use the school name, so that's why Maryland, Tennessee and Fresno State have the names

ducks-large.jpg

Notre Dame?? C'mon, that's just lazy.

actually, in the 2003 Gator Bowl, NC State played Notre Dame and that's exactly what Notre Dames endzone looked like, as well as NC State's.

I'm super pumped EA included this in the game, I can't wait until this releases in July!

NCState.pngBoSox.png

Just give me TCF Bank Stadium. :D

No kidding. I will be SUPER pissed if the Gophers are still playing in the Dome in the 2010 version. The stadium is about 85% complete now, so I wonder if that has any bearing on EA making the game.

Just give me TCF Bank Stadium. :D

No kidding. I will be SUPER pissed if the Gophers are still playing in the Dome in the 2010 version. The stadium is about 85% complete now, so I wonder if that has any bearing on EA making the game.

Over at NCAA Strategies/Utopia, there is news that TCF Bank won't be in the game. More likely EA will use a generic open-air stadium for the Gophers instead of the Dome.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Well can they use the actual Alamodome for the 360? It's in the PS2 game and I'm pretty sure it's in the PS3 game, why not 360? And fix the mid-major stadiums too. Kent's stadium is nothing like what's on the 360 game

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 3 weeks later...

the super bowl team specific end zones is coming to Madden NFL 10

Custom Super Bowl Fields

Utilizing the same tech as NCAA for custom bowl endzones and field art, Madden NFL 10 features team specific end zones, midfield logos, and player boxes that are dynamically configured whether you are reliving Super Bowl XLIII, or in year 30 of your franchise

Madden 10 improvements

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Archived