GenO's

maz

Well, it was our first real project in Desktop Publication class. We were to create packaging for a breakfast food, real or not.

Basically, we were given Photoshop CS3, an internet connection, some basic guidelines, and the rest was up to us.

Heres what I came up with:

(its scaled down. In reality, this thing is huge)

GenOs.png

Note: Mazeroski isnt my real last name. I just put that there in place of my real last name.

And sorry the back is upside down. It had to be to print out correctly. Speaking of that, I hope to post pics of it printed out and constructed soon.

oBIgzrL.png

Well, it was our first real project in Desktop Publication class. We were to create packaging for a breakfast food, real or not.

Basically, we were given Photoshop CS3, an internet connection, some basic guidelines, and the rest was up to us.

Heres what I came up with:

(its scaled down. In reality, this thing is huge)

GenOs.png

Note: Mazeroski isnt my real last name. I just put that there in place of my real last name.

And sorry the back is upside down. It had to be to print out correctly. Speaking of that, I hope to post pics of it printed out and constructed soon.

Haha SantoniO's

Love it! Nice job

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

It doesn't seem to be the right shape for a cereal box. I might question the use of the grunge font for any sort of food product. The way it's been treated doesn't help, either. A capital O does not lend itself well to a tail and the stroke is interfering bigtime because of all the little particles. The solid blue is a little too strong. Maybe a softer blue-tinted photo would work better. The quote on the front, as well as the copyright statement, are extremely unprofessional, and I would use caution turning it in like that if you're not entirely sure how your instructor will react (They are also oddly placed to boot). I think you might have benefitted from redesigning an existing cereal box to start, as you bring a lot of personal baggage and opinion when you create, design and market a product completely from scratch. I think even SantoniO's would have been an easier choice because of recognition.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Just to explain:

This desktop publication class I am taking is about as basic, watered-down, and for-everyone a graphic design class as you can get. Anyone in the school can take it. Were talking high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors, none of which seem serious about graphic design, and the teacher really isnt trying to make us designers, and he isnt expecting extremely professional work, or even anything that looks halfway decent, as 90% of the class is just barely getting their feet wet in photoshop and/or designing, and probably doesnt intend to go on and become a designer.

Almost think of it as being a general art class, with computers.

May not be the best excuse, but thats the situation.

And Ive already turned this in days ago, as thats when it was due, and it was very well recieved by him and the class.

With that said, the template is the one we were given, so theres nothing I can do about that. The quote was for comedic effect, as is, frankly, the whole thing, and the copyright is admittedly unprofessional, but I know nothing about copyrights, and what I put there was also sort of for comedic effect. Once again, the teacher isnt expecting much anyway.

The idea was to just be creative and make a box for some breakfast food, real or not real, and use what he had taught us to do in Photoshop so far.

SantoniOs didnt come to me until after I was deep into making this box, and I chose GenOs because I just plain like him and the Pens better, though looking back now, SantoniOs might have lent itself better to being a cereal.

By no means whatsoever am I proposing this as a real product or box design or anything, but rather to just show off something I did.

I know full well this thing is very unprofessional in some areas, and would never make it as a real cereal box.

Im not "going patsox" or anything, I understand youre giving C&C you think is needed to be given and I do agree with you on the thing about the solid color of the box and the font.

I just thought itd be good for me to explain things alittle more.

oBIgzrL.png

I know what you mean Maz. It's more of a class on how to use photoshop, and not so much about the designs. I took a course almost identical to that in school. So basically all the teacher is looking for is a nice clean image.

Archived