Texas Stadium gutted

rainmaker17

Thanks for all of the Cowboy bashing. I thought an iconic stadium's demise might be relevant here....my bad.

I'm sorry man...Guess this thread is no place for somebody who bleeds green and gold.

Bingo.

(You're lucky your team is community owned, or else capitalism would have struck it too a long time ago.)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

And BTW, your next stadium will likely be gutted and torn down before Lambeau Field, too!

Haha, your old bad stadium is being replaced with a billion-dollar Super Bowl site! Haha, I won!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Nice seats, especially numbered 1 & 2. How much did those fetch?

Quite a bit. I'm not frivolous but these were family seats for many years, so it was worth it to me on many levels. They arrived dusty and beaten up as they should be. I wiped down the plastic seat parts but have no plans to touch up the rusted metal parts.

newsig.jpg

Nice seats, especially numbered 1 & 2. How much did those fetch?

Quite a bit. I'm not frivolous but these were family seats for many years, so it was worth it to me on many levels. They arrived dusty and beaten up as they should be. I wiped down the plastic seat parts but have no plans to touch up the rusted metal parts.

What a great memento :)

As a sports fan it's hard to see yet another venerable stadium take its place in the "great metroplex in the sky." It's been a lot and almost too much recently.

Speaking as a Packers' fan, I can say that place has been nothing but painful to look at. In my lifetime we never won there. It was a place of heartbreak and anger for me.

packchampionslfroh.png

As a sports fan it's hard to see yet another venerable stadium take its place in the "great metroplex in the sky." It's been a lot and almost too much recently.

Speaking as a Packers' fan, I can say that place has been nothing but painful to look at. In my lifetime we never won there. It was a place of heartbreak and anger for me.

ah those were the days. i enjoyed the days where scheduling the pack at texas stadium was a guarenteed win. ^_^

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

ah those were the days. i enjoyed the days where scheduling the pack at texas stadium was a guaranteed win. ^_^

And those responsible for scheduling obliged for a number of years. Brett Favre started 2 games vs the Cowboys at Lambeau...and 9 at Texas Stadium, including 7 in a row.

I'm certainly not a Cowboys fan, but I have to give it up for those seats. That's a hell of a nice keepsake. How are you displaying them in your house?

Thanks for the compliment. As for the seats, I'll probably paint the board they're mounted on an put them in my garage which I've done up as a Cowboys-themed sports bar. You can kind of make it out in the background of the pictures. I'll add a better shot later.

newsig.jpg

Sometimes I can't believe what a knucklehead I can be.

Grew up in New Orleans, lived there from age 8 to age 26. It's 90 miles to Tiger Stadium. Wasn't that into college football. Never went to an LSU game. Twenty years later, I've still never been to one.

Lived in the DFW area from 1991-2001. Was a huge Cowboys fan when I was a kid, before moving to N.O. and adopting the Saints. Disliked Jerry Jones when he bought the team and hated all the drama, drugs, and general mayhem around the Cowboys when I lived down there. Never went to a Cowboys game in Texas Stadium (though I did go to high school playoffs there).

I had some great times at the games I went to - SB VI, the Sugar Bowl, Pro Bowl (Ray Guy hit the Superdome's hanging replay screens with a punt), several MNF games, a bazillion Saints games, etc. - but I missed out on some good times.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived