The MLB BP project

elliott

I am still on the fence about the white halo logo, however, I would still buy the hat in a heartbeat. I think that the halo on the hat needs to make a comeback and the BP jersey is the perfect place to do that. And you know, I really like the numbers too. I think that the use of white over blue is pretty awesome.

MildlyPsycho.png

Realsig.png

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Athletics: I'm not really a fan of the white hat, especially with the green bill. And after looking at the jersey for a while, I like the jersey. I think yo'u did a good job connecting the striping to the script. And I don't really like the double outline on the uniform, it just take away from the uniform. For the pants, I just suggest adding some yellow striping.

Angels: I'd go with a blue A instead of a white one, if you want contrast. The white A just doesn't look good to me. Returning the halo to the hat is my favorite part of the concept. I'm not sold on the striping on the side, it doesn't seem to go with anything else in the uniform and I think would look bad with the stripe on the pants.

Mariners: I like this one a lot. It looks good with teal and the water striping looks good on the jersey but just looks weird on the pants (it's kind of hard to see it on the hat from these angles.) I like that you used teal, it looks relly nice, especially with the water theme. And I'm not sure about the number on the front, but it could work.

Rangers: I like how you used both red and blue, it looks nice and balanced. But I think you went with goofy striping just for the sake of doing it here. This is a pretty simple jersey, and I think it would be better with just straight striping on the sleeve.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

So...I'm going to post this, and hopefully get the update up to the last division in the next day or so, but not tonight. Sorry this update took so long, the next division will be out sooner, but I was trying to get a few details on the teams in this division to look right.

Chicago White Sox: I used gray pants here because gray is actually one of their colors, so I just went with that. The jerseys are fairly simple with gray to match the pants and a white outline on the numbers and wordmark to make it stand out. I tried the same white outline, gray base on the cap logo but it didn't look good at all.

WhiteSoxBP.gif

Cleveland Indians: They used to use the triple piping scheme, I tried to use that with a little tapering action. It also was meant to match the wordmark; they use red numerals on the blue jersey now, but I have this Indians hat with the wordmark in white with red outline, it looks pretty nice there, so I applied that here. The pants and hat have the tapering thing I was talking about, it's really the only modern looking hat in the division.

IndiansBP.gif

Detroit Tigers: Obviously you can't get too crazy here, I went with the road wordmark but minimized the use of white to really keep things simple. The small patches of color on the sleeves are the only modern thing worth mentioning.

TigersBP.gif

KC Royals: I got a little crazy on the sleeves, going with the crown motif. I emphasized gold as a secondary color, and the cap logo continues that motif. But other than the sleeves it's pretty simple.

RoyalsBP.gif

Minnesota Twins: Maybe the most modern design here. I wanted to emphasize red, to bring a little life to an otherwise blue and black division. I wanted the overall scheme to be red first, white second, then blue. So you see only a small amount of blue, the hat even has a white brim, which is a little interesting, I might end up changing that. The cap logo is the M road cap with an outline scheme to match the wordmark. The underam design is meant to match the overall feel of white with navy piping, I don't know if I succeeded in that or not.

TwinsBP2.gif

That's it, comments are appreciated, next I'm going with the big division of NL Central, but first I'm updating the last one. Look for that soon.

This series is very interesting and I think it's great what you're doing because what the MLB has now is to boring. The first set I wasn't really a fan of except for the Baltimore ones which are probably my favourite. The last 2 sets have all been great with the exception of the A's. I'm just not feeling that one, especially the white hat.

g4104.png

See! People like it better! You just had to try it. :P

I like it better too. But while that is so, we really need some lively pants and socks. All the socks have been normal and too few of them have even had stripes(!). With the exception of the Indians, Mariners, and White Sox (which aren't that different), all the pants have been boring pants. More sizzle! The tops are great fun, now continue that down past the posterior area. :P

A's: I really love the white hat. I love white hats. The outlines are okay too. But, I won't lie, those chest stripe thingies kind of look like a bra. So, I don't like this one as much.

Angels: Like the red, the snow color is okay with me (maybe try yellow?), and the side thing is cool (once again, though, continue that down the pants!). However, I have always hated the halo cap effect and I think you should try beveling on the numbers.

Seattle: Looks cool, no real complaints except that it looks like a basketball jersey and it reminds me a lot of the (first) Griffey Jr. era. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though.

Rangers: Love it except I hate the oval things on the hat again. And the pant stripes should have the wave.

Twins: I have no idea here. Part of me hates it and part loves it. May be too much white. May be too much outline. Then again, it could look awesome. I really have to wait and see this one, especially the underarm part. I'm completely on the fence.

Royals: I think this is really cool. Nice.

Tigers: Looks like an alt jersey to me. I guess the sleeve colors are fine. One thing I might try here is go with a more intricate number font. It's really all I can come up with.

Indians: I like the sawed-off stripe look here a lot more. What if you could apply it somehow to the wordmark, numbers, and name as well? And definitely the socks. And guess what? I still hate that hat oval, lol.

White Sox: Nothing really special here. I don't mind the grey, but this still looks more like an alt to me. Not too good, not too bad.

Overall, you are going up with this IMO. I don't love most of them still, but you clearly righted the ship here with these last two. Keep at it.

Crap! I am in the midst of a MLB to NHL crossover series, and my Royals jersey was centered around the crown being on the sleeve. :censored:, well back to the drawing board. By the way, I really like the Twins BP jersey. I don't know what you did to make it look so good, but it just looks right to me.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I thought about doing a series similar to this by making every teams uniforms more... modern I guess. Instead of having boring old striping I tried to do a unique design for every jersey, but that didn't turn out to well. You are doing a fantastic job on all of these, I think that all the BPs should look like this. Keep up the good work.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Archived