Pitcher traded for bats found dead.

sacker12

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will listen to Lee and Milo, but I will not agree with the way Milo presented his opinion. It was rude in my opinion.
Your a hole. Shut up and have some compassion, you douche bag.

...Just sayin'.

OK, so we're even.

I will listen to Lee and Milo, but I will not agree with the way Milo presented his opinion. It was rude in my opinion.

...Just sayin'.

OK, so we're even.

I think that's giving yourself too much credit.

...Just sayin'.

OK, so we're even.

Yes Milo, you are a better person than me and everyone else on these boards. Truce?

Rest in peace, slugger.

Too soon?

No, I'm glad somebody's bringing this back to a proper perspective. He was a guy who nobody would've heard of, if it weren't for the unusual trade. He's presumably nobody's friend or relative here, and he was apparently a junkie. I'm not saying I'm glad he's dead, but I certainly don't understand words like "speechless" "shocking" and "tragic" being thrown around. I mean, is anyone here truly that affected or shook up?

Plus, the tattoo in Latin is pretty douchebag. It's my personal rule that if it's important enough to etch permanently onto your body, it's important enough to say it in your own language. I hate when people try to seem deeper than they are. To wrap up this side rant, pain doesn't even necessarily equal wisdom. Ask the guys from Jackass.

Don't you have any compassion? Like any?

So what if nobody here knew him. He was a human being trying to live life with some pretty difficult burdens that were made worse by that trade. And it's not like playing in the lowest of low-level independent baseball helps. Those are some depressing stadiums to play in and the fans aren't exactly the most understanding or high-brow.

And yes, I was quite shook up by the news because I covered a ULB team last season that played against the Broncos. He was used for the national publicity the league got and it sucked. It turned out to suck a lot worse than I thought, because he got nothing out of it except to be the butt of national jokes.

You try dealing with that.

...Just sayin'.

OK, so we're even.

Yes Milo, you are a better person than me and everyone else on these boards. Truce?

Well, not than everyone else on the boards...

...Just sayin'.

OK, so we're even.

Well, not than everyone else on the boards...

Milo, you are just too much! :rolleyes:

So what if nobody here knew him. He was a human being trying to live life with some pretty difficult burdens that were made worse by that trade. And it's not like playing in the lowest of low-level independent baseball helps. Those are some depressing stadiums to play in and the fans aren't exactly the most understanding or high-brow.

And yes, I was quite shook up by the news because I covered a ULB team last season that played against the Broncos. He was used for the national publicity the league got and it sucked. It turned out to suck a lot worse than I thought, because he got nothing out of it except to be the butt of national jokes.

And yet in an era of "Need it right this second" news and a media/blogosphere that can be quite, quite invasive at any opportunity, you probably found about his November death this week. Right?

It's easy to have compassion once somebody dies. Heaven forbid people actually try to help prior to death and instead let him go completely off the grid in the middle of the summer.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

And yet in an era of "Need it right this second" news and a media/blogosphere that can be quite, quite invasive at any opportunity, you probably found about his November death this week. Right?

It's easy to have compassion once somebody dies. Heaven forbid people actually try to help prior to death and instead let him go completely off the grid in the middle of the summer.

I cover(ed) a team in that league, not that team. But yes.

He was a human being trying to live life with some pretty difficult burdens that were made worse by that trade.

If drug addiction is one of the burdens you allude to, that was his choice. As for things being made worse by that trade, see my Kris Draper example several posts above.

And it's not like playing in the lowest of low-level independent baseball helps. Those are some depressing stadiums to play in and the fans aren't exactly the most understanding or high-brow.

Yet it's still a far more exciting job than most of us here have. Anyone would be lucky to be playing even bush league ball.

And yes, I was quite shook up by the news because I covered a ULB team last season that played against the Broncos.

Okay, so you're probably the one person here with a semi-personal connection to him.

It turned out to suck a lot worse than I thought, because he got nothing out of it except to be the butt of national jokes.

It's minor league ball, notorious and endearing for its quirkiness. A player was once traded for an announcer (Ernie Harwell, before anyone knew him), for crap's sake.

He was a human being trying to live life with some pretty difficult burdens that were made worse by that trade.

If drug addiction is one of the burdens you allude to, that was his choice. As for things being made worse by that trade, see my Kris Draper example several posts above.

And it's not like playing in the lowest of low-level independent baseball helps. Those are some depressing stadiums to play in and the fans aren't exactly the most understanding or high-brow.

Yet it's still a far more exciting job than most of us here have. Anyone would be lucky to be playing even bush league ball.

And yes, I was quite shook up by the news because I covered a ULB team last season that played against the Broncos.

Okay, so you're probably the one person here with a semi-personal connection to him.

It turned out to suck a lot worse than I thought, because he got nothing out of it except to be the butt of national jokes.

It's minor league ball, notorious and endearing for its quirkiness. A baseball player was once traded for an announcer (Ernie Harwell, before anyone knew him), for crap's sake.

1. Trying the drug for the first time is the person's choice. Becoming addicted is not.

2. Playing that level of bush-league ball is not exciting. Most of those guys work offseason jobs. There are some very dank and depressing locales, especially that level.

3. I wish I could have interviewed him about that.

4. It's endearing if you get to watch it and follow it. It's not endearing if you are the story. It gets tiring and is probably quite difficult to be a part of. And that Ernie Harwell trade was long before the 24-hour cycle of news and blogs and cable TV and everything else. That wouldn't have been too easy to deal with now.

Reading this thread I can't help but wonder; Milo, do you like anyone? You don't like tattoos you don't know how to read, you don't like polo shirts, you don't like the faux hawk hairstyle. If I were a semi-vegetarian and had the disorders I've read you describe and probably had to deal with the stereotypes that come with those things I wouldn't be so quick to baselessly judge.

It's minor league ball, notorious and endearing for its quirkiness. A baseball player was once traded for an announcer (Ernie Harwell, before anyone knew him), for crap's sake.

1. Trying the drug for the first time is the person's choice. Becoming addicted is not.

2. Playing that level of bush-league ball is not exciting. Most of those guys work offseason jobs. There are some very dank and depressing locales, especially that level.

3. I wish I could have interviewed him about that.

4. It's endearing if you get to watch it and follow it. It's not endearing if you are the story. It gets tiring and is probably quite difficult to be a part of. And that Ernie Harwell trade was long before the 24-hour cycle of news and blogs and cable TV and everything else. That wouldn't have been too easy to deal with now.

Thank you for trying to put some sense onto Milo's naive head.

This threatens to touch off a whole 'nother discussion. But I'd say they're one and the same.

Do you know anything about addiction? I'm sure that he chose to become a drug addict and was glad about that choice. I'm sure Mickey Mantle chose to become an alcoholic.

(Patsox, you're welcome.)

This threatens to touch off a whole 'nother discussion. But I'd say they're one and the same.

Do you know anything about addiction? I'm sure that he chose to become a drug addict and was glad about that choice. I'm sure Mickey Mantle chose to become an alcoholic.

(Thanks Patsox.)

Thanking patsox for having your back...I hope it never comes to that for me.

Anyway, I know what you're trying to say. I can see the case for alcohol--but not meth, heroin and whatever else he was doing.

(Thanks Patsox.)

Thanking patsox for having your back...I hope it never comes to that for me.

Anyway, I know what you're trying to say. I can see a case for alcohol--but not meth, heroin and whatever else he was doing.

I was thanking Patsox for thanking me. It's called courtesy.

(BTW, that post was edited since.)

And why is one chemical addiction different than another? Addictions are serious, serious, serious stuff and definitely aren't choices.

Archived