Maine NBDL Name the Team Contest

hockeyzealot

I kinda like Destroyers and Claws myself. I guess Beacons works also, and I could see those three with the planned colors.

I've been following this since the speculation about the expansion franchise began months ago, and I agree, I am disappointed. I wanted Portland in the name, simply because it sounds better with a nickname than Maine does. I have a fictional baseball team called the Maine Event. Simply because the place name sounds like a descriptor, it makes naming awkward, but I do get the logic.

I was holding out for the Portland Shamrocks, with a green, gold, and white color scheme like the Ireland soccer team. It's like the C's, but the gold/orange sets them apart...and 'rocks is a unique name with an obvious tie to the Celtics' moniker. (No, the ShamROX or whatever the LAX team is called doesn't cheapen my idea. Shh.) But we'll make do with what we have.

And for what it's worth, I'm following the team and its development because I'd like to vie for a broadcaster's spot. I have contact info for one of the owners; I need to follow up, since I haven't called since they got the franchise. I'd called long before, but they couldn't do much since the team didn't technically exist yet.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

how about Maine Attraction

I think you are confusing the NBDL with the ABA.

Sometimes, I wonder if the NBA is confusing the NBDL with the ABA, rewarding franchises all over the place.

And for what it's worth, I'm following the team and its development because I'd like to vie for a broadcaster's spot. I have contact info for one of the owners; I need to follow up, since I haven't called since they got the franchise. I'd called long before, but they couldn't do much since the team didn't technically exist yet.

I don't exactly know what you mean by "broadcaster", but they have a radio play by play man already and I think they have pregame/halftime/postgame guys lined up as well. I'm not 100% on the second part, though. As far as TV goes I don't know if the games will even be shown, I haven't heard anything about that.

They already have a radio play by play man? They haven't had a team for two weeks! I talked to Bill Ryan Jr months ago about doing radio, marketing, sales, etc., just to try and get my foot in the door, and he said that since they weren't even guaranteed a team yet, they couldn't hire anyone.

If this is true, they don't waste time...and I feel very gypped. Who did they get for the radio? I assume he's local and well respected?

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

how about Maine Attraction

I think you are confusing the NBDL with the ABA.

Sometimes, I wonder if the NBA is confusing the NBDL with the ABA, rewarding franchises all over the place.

The list of arenas that will give minor league basketball a chance is rather short at the moment.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived