Interesting Ohio Univ. hat logo

Viola73

I was at lids today and saw this:

http://www.lids.com/pid/20108056

I thought I was 'another' Oregon logo but it said Ohio University on the tag under the bill. The guy in the store said they just got it last week and didn't really know anything about it except that it was a strange OU logo.

I looked on the Ohio University site and there is nothing on this.

Did we miss something, or did I miss something?

It's a logo from the "Heritage Line" of logos the school released in 2007. It's a group of 5 logos that have been used in the past that are now allowed to be used on official Ohio merchandise. That logo was used around 1900, the site says it was the first logo worn on athletic uniforms.

The paw print is a very popular one of the five because there are still a lot of people that do not agree with switching from it to the "Attack Cat" in the 90s. They are all pretty cool.

http://www.ohiobobcats.com/genrel/082007aaa.html

There is a link at the top of the story to a slideshow of all the logos.

I thought it would be from that heritage line of logos. Good job digging the link back up.

And that OHIO logo in the circle is still a small slice of awesome.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

It was either last year or this season that the football team wore throwback helmets for a game. Well the helmets had the ohio circle logo inside the state of ohio outline. I sit next to one of the football players in my Business Law class (dude is huge) and he has both the decals from his helmet stuck to the back of his laptop. I thought the helmets with that logo were pretty cool.

I'm not a big fan of the logo in question. It reminds me of a racetrack everytime I see it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Wow, I really like those interlocking OU and OHIO-circle logos. Oh, and is there any reason why those Heritage logos aren't allowed to be officially used anymore? I prefer almost all of them compared to the current one.

Our firm developed that program for Ohio and it was always intended to be a limited use series. In fact, it was extended and ended up being longer than what was originally intended.

Our firm developed that program for Ohio and it was always intended to be a limited use series. In fact, it was extended and ended up being longer than what was originally intended.

Nice job on the logos. They are very popular around here. I have shirts with a couple of the logos.

Here is the helmet logo that was used for the throwback game this past season honoring the 1968 team.

ThrowbackOhio.jpg

Archived