Texas Rangers concept

mania

The concept strips down the uniform colors to just three as opposed to the six they have now. No black, no light or dark grey, just blue, red, and white. I've lightened the red. I'm bringing back the script pretty heavily, as I think it's a nice looking script, and it makes me nostalgic. If anything, the homes are a straight update of the Nolan Ryan era jerseys, with added piping and patches. For the hats, the home hats are supposed to be an update of the hats worn 1972 to 1985. The road hats are an update of the hats worn from 1986 to 1993. And the batting practice hats, the only thing primarily red in the set, are supposed to be an update of the hats worn in the mid-90s.

9ieadc.png

This is a good concept on the whole. The only thing wrong with it is that the cap logos are too big. They look like those goofy fashion caps New Era put out a few years ago.

EDIT: If the Rangers would go with that script at home, it would give them the differentiation from the Angels that they desperately need right now. I also dig the red T on blue cap.

This is a good concept on the whole. The only thing wrong with it is that the cap logos are too big. They look like those goofy fashion caps New Era put out a few years ago.

I agree whole-heartedly on the cap logos being too big. Especially with the recent trend of cap logos being smaller. As far as the rest of the concept, you certainly have achieved your goal of simplification. I also like the Rangers script, to give a nod to the Nolan Ryan era.

Nicely done. The simplification looks great, and I'm a big fan of that script. I'm not so big of a fan of the non-matching fonts of the home and road jerseys, but it's forgivable. Good job overall. Speaking of overalls, no pants?

scotland_fifasig.png

I think you did a great job with this set in making sure there was a proper balance with the red and the blue. I am a fan of the home script you used and I wish they would bring it back full time instead of the 'Texas' they are gonna go with this year. Wonderful job on this set. After you adjusted the size of the cap logos, I have no complaints at all.

Beautiful. It's pretty much exactly how the Rangers should look. The only change I'd make is to have a red T on the home primary cap. I think it really renders nicely with the white outline.

Archived