Steroid Pool?

If you had to choose five active players in the MLB who you suspect of taking steroids who have not come out yet, who would they be? I know this could be a very inflammatory subject and it is not exactly what I like to think about with baseball around the corner, but I'm curious to see what people think.

1. Andruw Jones

2. Troy Glaus

3. Adrian Beltre

4. Jermaine Dye

... and ...

5. David Ortiz

:cry:

I can't be bias here, I know Ortiz was an enigma when he showed up in Boston. I don't really think so, but I would not be surprised.

Troy Glaus was already named

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/base.../07/drug.probe/

My five

1. Andruw Jones-that will explain his sudden fall off

2. Albert Pujols

3. Ryan Howard

4. C.C. Sabathia

5. Kevin Youkillis

That's nothing but crap from an unhappy Met's fan. Howard's been this big since he was in the minors and he looks like the kind of guy who's been big his entire life.

Whoever's mentioned players that have gotten better the past couple seasons (Ryan Howard, Matt Holliday, etc.) is foolish to believe that. Most likely, these guys were big names in 2004-05, then have gotten worse/injured the past couple seasons, now that there's testing/suspensions in place.

Eric Gagne is a prime example of this.

So who's your 5?

Honestly, I don't care to guess 5 players that took steroids. It's a beaten-to-death issue that has little-to-no shock value.

My reasonable guess is, that all the big names linked to steroids are probably exhausted, and that the best guesses would be better spent on mid-level players that are nowhere near superstar-status. The best explanation as to why the other 103 players on that list weren't revealed is that they likely won't make much of a headline. Will there be a 10-minute segment on SportsCenter if players such as Ryan Klesko or Greg Vaughn were on that list?

If you had to choose five active players in the MLB who you suspect of taking steroids who have not come out yet, who would they be? I know this could be a very inflammatory subject and it is not exactly what I like to think about with baseball around the corner, but I'm curious to see what people think.

1. Andruw Jones

2. Troy Glaus

3. Adrian Beltre

4. Jermaine Dye

... and ...

5. David Ortiz

I can't be bias here, I know Ortiz was an enigma when he showed up in Boston. I don't really think so, but I would not be surprised.

My five

2. Albert Pujols

3. Ryan Howard

4. C.C. Sabathia

5. Kevin Youkillis

I'll change to Derrek Lee then.

I suggest you not start a thread to be very inflamitory of the actions of others which are possibly illegal at said time while not even mentioning the government report which you start your poll from. You have list a player in the Mitchell Reoprt...Nice job, slapnuts. The report was published in December 2007.

What else will you "Generally" change after conducting further research?

The List of Named Players on the Mitchell Report via Wikipedia

"Patsox' is more right than I usually say, MLB was the white collar NASCAR...aka "if you aren't cheating...you're not trying."

Before you turn Conseco, these names were public information and not very hard to find out. The Troy Glaus name was easily found, yet you apparently have other ideas as A-Rod has a cyst.

To "MDC2518", Josh Hamilton was drafted in before testing, but due to his downfall, he gets tested for everything you can imagine.

Honestly, I don't care to guess 5 players that took steroids. It's a beaten-to-death issue that has little-to-no shock value.

My reasonable guess is, that all the big names linked to steroids are probably exhausted, and that the best guesses would be better spent on mid-level players that are nowhere near superstar-status. The best explanation as to why the other 103 players on that list weren't revealed is that they likely won't make much of a headline. Will there be a 10-minute segment on SportsCenter if players such as Ryan Klesko or Greg Vaughn were on that list?

So what, I guessed for the fun of it.

1. Adrian Beltre

2. Todd Helton

3. Jim Thome

4. Jeff Bagwell (Not active, but still)

5. Mike Piazza (ditto)

Guys like Ortiz, Howard, Thomas, Sabathia...they're just big guys naturally.... Those would be the ones that actually shock me.

1. Andruw Jones

2. Troy Glaus

3. Adrian Beltre

4. Jermaine Dye

... and ...

5. David Ortiz

My five

2. Albert Pujols

3. Ryan Howard

4. C.C. Sabathia

5. Kevin Youkillis

I'll change to Derrek Lee then.

I suggest you not start a thread to be very inflamitory of the actions of others which are possibly illegal at said time while not even mentioning the government report which you start your poll from. You have list a player in the Mitchell Reoprt...Nice job, slapnuts. The report was published in December 2007.

What else will you "Generally" change after conducting further research?

The List of Named Players on the Mitchell Report via Wikipedia

"Patsox' is more right than I usually say, MLB was the white collar NASCAR...aka "if you aren't cheating...you're not trying."

Before you turn Conseco, these names were public information and not very hard to find out. The Troy Glaus name was easily found, yet you apparently have other ideas as A-Rod has a cyst.

To "MDC2518", Josh Hamilton was drafted in before testing, but due to his downfall, he gets tested for everything you can imagine.

Yes, because the freakin' DA is reading up on this forum to see what I have to think. I don't know what got you so offended, but I'm sorry it did. Just take it easy, because this was supposed to be more light-hearted than accusatory. If the thread was considered slanderous, it would be closed, but I'm pretty sure Derrek Lee and his $10-million-plus paycheck doesn't care what I have to say.

And PS; I didn't look through the Mitchell Report or search through any other lists of names, these were just off the top of my head.

Hello, my name is Rich and I'm a baseball-holic. And an OOTP-holic.

... and maybe even an alcoholic. Oh no.

Archived