Wimpy Logos

Beast Mode

1041.gif

Then, Tobias, mistaking a group of garishly clad men for pirates, boarded a van filled with homosexuals.

I see the reference, but can we stop making gay Bucco Bruce jokes? And why are some of you so comfortable making gay jokes, anyway? Do we really find it okay and acceptable?

I just always assumed that some of the members here were still in jr. high.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1041.gif

Then, Tobias, mistaking a group of garishly clad men for pirates, boarded a van filled with homosexuals.

I see the reference, but can we stop making gay Bucco Bruce jokes? And why are some of you so comfortable making gay jokes, anyway? Do we really find it okay and acceptable?

I just always assumed that some of the members here were still in jr. high.

Childish, yes, but "Arrested Development" was an awesome show.

1041.gif

Some people are just uncomfortable with themselves, and so they pick on others to justify their worth.

I'm just glad that finally people have been more open about why they make fun of the old Buccaneers logo. If you go and read all those old Worst Sports Logos lists published by magazines nobody pays to read, it used to be just "well, that's some kind of pirate!" or "something looks very strange about him" or calling him "Bucco Bruce." Finally we can do away with nuance and just say "man, that pirate looks gay." I call this progress.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's the winking that just rolls out the red carpet for jokes.

According to Under the Black Flag (aka the book that makes pirates seem boring) buccaneers were crew members from the interior of Hispanola (the island Haiti and the Domician Republic share) who build frames, buccans, for smoking meat. They joined with pirates who were French, Spanish and other to raid ships and steal precious cotton, silks, clothes, money and sometimes gold.

Basically, they were part-time thieves on an overcrowded floating bucket overpowering undermanned freight ships.

But instead of any of that, we get the swishest character this side of a Mel Brooks movie. The fifty-year-old man on the Raiders shield would probably call this guy a fruit and then head to Denny's for the early bird special.

According to Under the Black Flag (aka the book that makes pirates seem boring) buccaneers were crew members from the interior of Hispanola (the island Haiti and the Domician Republic share) who build frames, buccans, for smoking meat.

Insert gay joke.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Blues & Jazz?

Those aren't wimpy forms of music--not at all.

And the Blues logo is a 64th note--try playing a bunch of those at a good tempo--not for wimps at all.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

1041.gif

About as acceptable as calling people douchebags because they wear cargo shorts or polos, I s'pose.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

It wasn't a slight against anyone gay when it was mentioned on the TV show, and I didn't intend it as that when I posted it here. I'm not picking on anyone to "justify my worth", which is pretty funny when you guys all jump to the high ground to justify yours. You think it'll make you seem important on an internet forum, when in fact people can actually see through your fake moral outrage.

Do I feel it's acceptable to make "gay" jokes as you call them? Sure, as acceptable as having a Babe of the Week thread which is more "junior high" than this. As acceptable as many, many jokes in many TV shows I'm sure you all watch and enjoy. Why haven't you got all indignant about these things? You're so eager to jump on anything offensive, you don't actually stop to see if anyone should be offended. Quick, I hear somebody called the Penguins logo fat over on the Sports Logos forum. It's offensive to fat people, go get them boys!

I hope you feel good about yourselves, but I'm sorry, you haven't changed the world this time. I do not believe you are the moral compass of either this forum, or actually anything I do, ever.

But if anyone was actually that offended by the "some gay guys dress like pirates" joke, I do sincerely apologise.

My Highschool team name is the dolphins

athletics2copy.gif

I think its a pretty unique/cool mascot but yea its very non-threatening.

what years did you go to D-Y? Did you play any sports there?

I'm going there now actually. I play soccer, basketball, and track for my first time this year.

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

1041.gif

About as acceptable as calling people douchebags because they wear cargo shorts or polos, I s'pose.

What? Was there trouble at last year's Douchebags-who-wear-cargos-and-polos Pride march?

I'm not seeing the connection.

5318.gif

One of the greatest logos of all time. Give me Bango over some tired snarling profile headshot above italicized action fonting.

Yes, Bango. From Eddie Doucette's cry whenever a long bomber (usually by Jon McGlocklin) went thru the net.

But that isn't a doe.

Milwaukeedoes.PNG

THIS is a doe!

(Women's Professional Basketball Association, late 70s.)

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Archived