SEC Hoops Redesign

GoDawgs08

I havn't done any basketball concepts in nearly a year, and I have never done college hoops concepts. One of the reasons why is it's so hard to find fonts and numerals...so I felt like not doing them. As a MS Paint user, it is very hard to make solid looking concepts, especially with no scripts or number sets to work with.

But I took the liberty to get around it. With more effort, I've gone into Power Point and used Wordart to make spreadsheats for each team. Then I saved the files as PNG's and used them for the concepts. So on the positive, I have sharp looking scripts and numerals...but they arent exactly team original. Anyways, I finally started doing a college hoops section of concepts.

First up is Georgia. This is noticeably an SoD style uniform. Georgia's current uniforms are great, and original (minus the Nike horns)...but for a redesign I cant just mock what they have. So instead, I went with what we would expect from any Nike school getting new uniforms...SoD's. I wanted to keep it simple. I used the usual black and red wordmarks and scripts for the home jersey...to give it that classic UGA basketball look for HOME. For the road jerseys I went a little less traditional with grey numbers. The big idea was to reinstate the Red jersey as the official road jersey. The Black is the alternate, so I went with the much less traditional "dawgs" script.

Georgia.png

C&C's please... I'm going to go back and tweak wherever yall tell me to.

temp.png

I like the third jersey with DAWGS, pretty sweet. I always thought a silver uni with stripes similar to the football pants would be sweet, but I like your black jersey better, just dont wear it for the Bama game.

Not to hijack, but I have a concept for my Wildcats...

toilet-llqq-001.jpg

I like the third jersey with DAWGS, pretty sweet. I always thought a silver uni with stripes similar to the football pants would be sweet, but I like your black jersey better, just dont wear it for the Bama game.

Not to hijack, but I have a concept for my Wildcats...

toilet-llqq-001.jpg

Georgia actually wore a Silver 4th jersey against Georgia State in Atlanta a few years back. I want to say 2005...give or take. They wore it once, and never wore it again. It didnt look too awful... I tried to find a picture the other day and could not

temp.png

To be honest, I think that if you are going to redesign a whole division for the NCAA, then just don't use SOD jerseys at all. Some of the SOD templates look fine, and the whole tight jersey-baggy pants thing has grown on me, but some of the templates look pretty goofy. I'd rather see this exact same striping scheme moved a couple cm over to the left (on the side view) to give it a more non-SOD placement, and then delete the back shoulder half stripe.

As the design itself, the silver road numbers look a little random, and if you are going to go with different color wordmarks and numbers, keep that up on the alternate. Also, I would go with Bulldogs rather than Dogs on the alternate.

***Georgia Update***

Alrighty. I dumped the SoD look for a more basic uniform design. But, apologies Elliot, I kept the "DAWGS" script... I really could't let that go.

Georgia-1.png

Up next: I said Florida... but had trouble b/c I wanted to use #'s that went with that new modern "FLORIDA" script. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and can supply me with matching numerals...thad be great!!

Anyways, instead I'm going to do Kentucky next.

temp.png

***ADDITION***

-Next up is Kentucky. I cannot stand what Kentucky is wearing right now. The uniforms are just too busy, and dont say UK basketball at all. For Kentucky I knew I was going to be downgrading on the detail level. I went with a simple design and a throwback-ish design for the third jersey (definitely dont like the black uniforms they have right now). Notice the silver...which is popping up on the football uniforms, so I thought I would use it to give a modern feel with the absence of all of the flair.

KentuckyWildcats.png

temp.png

Archived