Interesting find: Pittsburgh Pirates logo

risio

I've had this baseball card holder since 91, yet I never made the connection here. The logo on the front is pretty much the 1997 logo.

pirateslogo.gif

1275.gif

Any info on this?

Umm, yeah there are similarities, but is in now way the same logo.

I've had this baseball card holder since 91, yet I never made the connection here. The logo on the front is pretty much the 1997 logo.

[img removed]

[img removed]

Any info on this?

Agree to disagree. Those logos are damn near the same. The '97 logo is simply a re-tooled version of the '91 logo.

certainly an early concept of the same idea. better, really. i never liked the current logo. looks bush league. i really liked the previous logo, but it didnt fit the identity very well. i'd like to see the pirates uses a skull/skeleton of some sort. maybe a swingin' skeleton? let the admirals haters start....

pirateslogo.gif

1275.gif

Any info on this?

Similarities? Hell, without the window-dressing changes (hat), it's the same damn guy. Look at the eye. Exactly identical.

They took his sword and changed his hat. Removed some of the mustache. That's it.

pirateslogo.gif

1275.gif

Any info on this?

Similarities? Hell, without the window-dressing changes (hat), it's the same damn guy. Look at the eye. Exactly identical.

They took his sword and changed his hat. Removed some of the mustache. That's it.

It's easy to tell that these logos came from the same process. I, personally, think the first one, with a few tweaks, defiantely is better than the one they went with. Especially with the hat, it ties in better to the previous one they used during the 80's... and before.

pirateslogo.gif

1275.gif

Any info on this?

It's easy to tell that these logos came from the same process. I, personally, think the first one, with a few tweaks, defiantely is better than the one they went with. Especially with the hat, it ties in better to the previous one they used during the 80's... and before.

I agree. I never liked the bandanna on head without the traditional pirate hat.

I don't care what logo the Pirates use (since they're all mediocre) -- but they need to get rid of the red.

To me, that color just doesn't belong.

I actually like the red. I don't know why, but it looks pretty good to me. Except for that awful red vest they wore. Just keep the red as a accent and nothing more. I liked the black hat with the red brim. I owe one of them,

jNTsTyQ.png

• 1 month later...

Archived