Massachusetts Helmet Project

Pharos04

Hey all. Just wanted to share a site I just finished the preliminaries on, the Massachusetts High School Helmet Project.

http://sites.google.com/site/mahelmetproject/

Yes I know it's on a Google Site but for the time being I can't justly afford some web page I would have to pay for, so this'll have to do for the time being.

Was just looking for some insights from others that may have started or are looking to start their own home state's helmet project, also how to possibly make it any better with the limitedness of the googlesites. Also was hoping someone would be able to put the Massachusetts state seal onto a blank helmet for me.

seal3.gifSomerset%20Raiders.gif

My skills with Photoshop or AI are *ahem* limited at best. (Horrible would be a better description). So any help with that would be absolutely greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot and C&C always helpful.

Thanks!

Jon

Awesome! I have been waiting for this. And I guess MG added my school in there sometime recently too. But it's off a bit. I will talk to him about that (I made a version of it a few months ago just to request it but never sent it in).

Thank you for doing this!

Nevermind. Very nice job so far, though. This has a ton of potential and I'm glad to see this coming to be.

-The Rockland helmet is off. The helmet should be white and the "Dogs" decal should have a thick white outline around it FYI.

EDIT: From this picture, it looks like there is no outline, but I always thought there was. Anyway, it still looks a little thicker than yours (even if that's nitpicky).

Dogs-1.jpg

-And I'm pretty sure Hanover wears a solid metallic gold helmet a la Notre Dame.

That's all I can think of right now.

...OK, here are Scituate's helmets (the blue ones). Yours are slightly off:

SCI.jpg

-Here are Pembroke's helmets:

PEM.jpg

PEM2.jpg

-Here are Randolph's helmets as of the '07 season:

RAN.jpg

-Weymouth no longer has a logo on their helmet:

WEY.jpg

Plymouth South's is also off, we haven't used the Black Shell/White Stripe combo since I was a freshman in '01 I think.

From '02-'04 it was a solid Black Shell, with a teal S trimmed in silver.

'05-present they use a solid Black Shell with white numbers on each side. My senior year in '05 we used big numbers in the Broncos font and from '06 to the present day they use small plain block numbers. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow.

Oh and Plymouth North are the "Blue Eagles" not just the Eagles.

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the input. So just to get a summary:

- Weymouth removed the power-W from their helmets and are blank now

- Plymouth South uses black helmets (I'm presuming still with black facemasks) now with block numbers on both sides (not one side like Marblehead)

- Scituate has a funky "S" that more resembles an "8" than anything else

- Hanover has a helmet like Notre Dame (Gold with gray facemask?)

- Randolph is a blue with "DEVILS" and a pitchfork on it.

Again, thanks for the input. I'm trying for the most accurate I can get with this and unfortunately so many schools don't post their football photos, especially out of season) so it's very tough to get physical evidence without travelling to 351 towns.

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the input. So just to get a summary:

- Weymouth removed the power-W from their helmets and are blank now

- Plymouth South uses black helmets (I'm presuming still with black facemasks) now with block numbers on both sides (not one side like Marblehead)

- Scituate has a funky "S" that more resembles an "8" than anything else

- Hanover has a helmet like Notre Dame (Gold with gray facemask?)

- Randolph is a blue with "DEVILS" and a pitchfork on it.

Again, thanks for the input. I'm trying for the most accurate I can get with this and unfortunately so many schools don't post their football photos, especially out of season) so it's very tough to get physical evidence without travelling to 351 towns.

Actually I found a picture of Hanover and although it wasn't very clear it looked like it had an Indian logo on it.

Mystic Valley wears the same helmets as Boston College. Same colors too.

Lowell Catholic has white helmets with blue facemasks. The school shield is the logo on the helmets. I think they have a single blue stripe down the center.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

quick search for "Hanover Indians" produced this pic

g2582585c96d190df35ddc145b68678fcc7b17cf8c40f8f.jpg

which when compared to this pic

g25825800cd65f8f30906a4db245e4b1a932d7570ec6814.jpg

imply that it's blank.....which is good in one sense but now shows that my Bedford one is off

This is the pic I was looking at. You can see the logo on the kid in the top left's helmet. This could be out of date though, since the picture is from two seasons ago.

han.jpg

quick search for "Hanover Indians" produced this pic

g2582585c96d190df35ddc145b68678fcc7b17cf8c40f8f.jpg

which when compared to this pic

g25825800cd65f8f30906a4db245e4b1a932d7570ec6814.jpg

imply that it's blank.....which is good in one sense but now shows that my Bedford one is off

This is the pic I was looking at. You can see the logo on the kid in the top left's helmet. This could be out of date though, since the picture is from two seasons ago.

han.jpg

I would say it's outdated cause the 2 that i found are from 2008.

I keep finding helmets that I have wrong. Brookline apparently now has a blue helmet with the Bengals "B" instead of the spear that I found. WTH! and Thanks Lich!

Belmont's got a thick blue stripe down the middle with 2 thin white stripes on either side.

There's a logo too, but I can't find a good picture.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Here is the correct helmet for Newton South... I did a lot of research when creating this last year, though I haven't actually been to a game yet. :P The other side is BLANK, and that is the side you show having the logo. There is no stripe either. This is the correct logo coloring scheme, etc. I don't know the official colors but these were taken from official merchandise. Actually, I was able to accidentally stumble upon the school's PMS colors recently and I did write them down... I just remembered that. I will let you know what those are and I think I can get you a larger copy of the logo to use as well.

newtonsouth.png

Edit:

Logo (this is a reversed copy of the actual logo but it is facing the correct side for the helmet):

http://nshs-science.net/images/NSHS-lion-transparent-rv.gif

Colors:

Pantone 021 Orange

Pantone 2728 Blue

Maybe Pantone can help me out with some of the colors... I have no idea how you can view these colors on the web, there are only a few Google listings. The orange looks accurate, but for the blue some of the ones in my searches are coming out sort of sky blue, well it's a little darker than that like in my picture and this one.

Updates thus far with the info so generously provided:

- Newton South: Helmet only on left side of helmet, right side blank

Newton%20South%20Lions.png

- Hanover: Blank Gold Helmet w/ gray Facemask

Hanover%20Indians.gif

- Mystic Valley: Same Helmet as BC - Blank Gold w/ maroon facemask and maroon stripe

Mystic%20Valley%20Regional%20Eagles.gif

- Weymouth: Removed Power "W" from helmets

Weymouth%20Wildcats%202.png

- Plymouth South: Blank black helmets with Block Numbering on the sides

Plymouth%20South%20Panthers%202.gif

Hope that's all the majors. I'm still working on the Scituate and Randolph helmets

Archived