AHL: Lake Erie Monsters "Pink the Rink"

Burning River

Here is a link for what the Lake Erie Monsters have announced for their March 21st Game. This will be the Monsters' 4th Jersey this year to be worn at home. White, Dark Red, Black and now a Pink Special. I'm not sure if the ad "sketch" shows what they plan on doing... basically, swapping Dark Red for Pink. It reads "Specail Pink Jerseys". I like the idea of swapping the red out. Either way... these events are always pretty cool.

Pink.jpg

I'm waiting for a goalie to wear pink pads for a season and have the team donate a dollar for every save and the goalie donate two dollars for every goal let in with the NHL matching the total. I think that would be a killer promotion.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight was "Pink the Rink" for the Lake Erie Monsters. The jersey's looked pretty good. They did switch out the dark red with pink for the most part.

The ice... well..

Tonight was one of those nights that you don't see too often. An oddity is sports surfaces. After the first period, the Zamboni's did their thing. The water would not freeze though behind the goals. The game ended up being postponed. An interesting side note was that the workers came out with the Zamboni's to scrape the ice. They were scraping the pink off of the ice. the normal ice showed through.. paint work and logos in tact. It seems that they applied pink dyed water to the top of the normal (clear water) ice surface to get the pink hue. I'm wondering if that added water made the the over-all ice surface too thick to freeze. Oh well... the game will be made up.

Pink.jpg

Interesting... The Gwinnett Gladiators do the same thing every year with no problems.

This year's jerseys weren't pink... I'll see if I can dig up a pic, but I was out of town when the game was played so I didn't get any pictures.

Tonight was "Pink the Rink" for the Lake Erie Monsters. The jersey's looked pretty good. They did switch out the dark red with pink for the most part.

The ice... well..

Tonight was one of those nights that you don't see too often. An oddity is sports surfaces. After the first period, the Zamboni's did their thing. The water would not freeze though behind the goals. The game ended up being postponed. An interesting side note was that the workers came out with the Zamboni's to scrape the ice. They were scraping the pink off of the ice. the normal ice showed through.. paint work and logos in tact. It seems that they applied pink dyed water to the top of the normal (clear water) ice surface to get the pink hue. I'm wondering if that added water made the the over-all ice surface too thick to freeze. Oh well... the game will be made up.

Pink.jpg

The pink ice is a bit hokie, and really isn't necessary. The jerseys are plenty. Great cause.

The ice... well..

Pink.jpg

LOL! Boy, I guess Lake Erie sucks that much that their 'Pink the Rink' night was so full of EPIC FAIL!

Iowa did it before the Cleveland Chumps did it and it worked out fine.

Interesting... The Gwinnett Gladiators do the same thing every year with no problems.

This year's jerseys weren't pink... I'll see if I can dig up a pic, but I was out of town when the game was played so I didn't get any pictures.

I was at the Gladiators game for Pink in the Rink. There were NO surface issues with the zamboni. The jerseys this year were not Pink, they were a slate gray color with royal blue logo, it was a Relay For Life logo (crescent moon with stars) there was a Gladiator. I have attached a copy of the jersey from their website.

09jerseyfront.jpg

Archived