Nashville Predators: New thirds by Xmas

ManCalledAmp

What the :censored: is wrong with you capp? You need to chill.

I'm not the one with the problem.

:lol:

All you do is insult people. Really, what makes you think that it is okay?

People wouldn't get such malice if they reconsidered their posting habits a little more.

Take your own damn advice.

As should you. Actually, don't even reconsider. Just log off permanently. We'll all be much better for it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I smell a pre-ban meltdown, and it couldn't happen to a more deserving member :D

Yes, I agree. Drew needs this ban for his own good.

Hey Capp, how are things going with the ladies?

WOW I can't believe I missed all of this. IMO a yellow third wouldn't be too bad, it's just a third anyway. And Capp, seriously you're not adding anything to the discusstion, since when did ICS' niners concept have anything to do with Nashville's third sweaters. You're just giving yourself more role to hang yourself with you hypocritic comments and fruitless insults. I don't know what your problem is but you really need to get over it.

~?~

You know what? I don't think this is cap. I think that his younger brother is using his account behind his back.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You know what? I don't think this is cap. I think that his younger brother is using his account behind his back.

He did actually do that once. Thank god he didn't post.

Honestly, guys I gotta apologize. I know I've been a grade-A douche this week and just want to say I'm sorry. I know that's not going to fix anything, but I had to get that off my chest.

Honestly, guys I gotta apologize. I know I've been a grade-A douche this week and just want to say I'm sorry. I know that's not going to fix anything, but I had to get that off my chest.

You're correct. It won't fix anything, but apologizing is about all you can do at this point. Good luck getting people to have some degree of respect for you again.

You're correct. It won't fix anything, but apologizing is about all you can do at this point. Good luck getting people to have some degree of respect for you again.

Hey, you've done it, so I've got a chance.

I'm thinking that it's a foregone conclusion that these things will be mustard. What other colour could they be?

The mustard isn't a bad thing in and of itself, they just need a better logo to go along with it. The primary mark's not fantastic by any means, but it's much better then the 3D tiger. That thing was horrid.

Kwitko still doesn't get it and never will. He would best be served going on hiatus again.

Facts are facts are facts are facts. The funny thing is, I'm not disagreeing with you at all. Yet you still want to be confrontational. Great stuff.

Wow, we have debate on both sides of the move/don't move AND argue/don't argue camps...

A few "you should be banned" debates (with seconds?)...

Appearances by ICS and even patsox... (wow, I've made a thread that's lasting onto page 2 and getting noticed, for once!)

And of course, another parting shot about the Preds moving. Ahh, lively crowd.

Didn't get to hear much of it on the Thom Abraham Show, but he was talking about the postings about the upcoming thirds. According to Thom on WNSR, the new jerseys are supposed to be unveiled next month! I definitely need to follow up on this.

And another pair of toss ins--love the Dixie Flyers posting (could we see it with navy instead of purple? Doubtful, but it would fit the bill more than likely.)...and I would lay money on mustard myself. I haven't seen anything saying they won't do the yellow again--just that they wouldn't do them like the previous thirds. Could mean mustard...or could just mean not-over-blue. Lighter, easier on the eyes...maybe with a simple striping pattern...that's kinda what I expect. But again, I'm not a source on this...and I'm still hoping for a throwback or an ice blue.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

The Dixie Flyers sweater looks like a nice style to base a third Preds jersey on, but I'm afraid it would lose their uniqueness, considering the NHL seems to be slapping script logos onto every other team's third jersey.

Kwitko still doesn't get it and never will. He would best be served going on hiatus again.

Anyways, I didn't like the old mustard thirds at first, but then they began to grow on me. I think a mustard jersey with a better logo on the front of it would work as a good Predators alternate.

It's rare enough that I agree with you on something. When I agree with you on two points - in a single post, no less - it may be time to lay out a couple hundred bucks on the Cubs taking it all this year.

I really started to appreciate the Preds' old third once I saw it up close. That double-layer, mustard-on-navy effect was really cool in person (and the Thrashers' thirds used the same effect.) From the back, I learned to love it. But from the front, with that crest, football-style wordmark, and neckline, I couldn't stand it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And another pair of toss ins--love the Dixie Flyers posting (could we see it with navy instead of purple? Doubtful, but it would fit the bill more than likely.)...and I would lay money on mustard myself.

Yeah, I wasn't saying they do a straight Dixie Flyers throwback in yellow and purple, just a gold and blue Preds jersey inspired by the jerseys of Nashville's first hockey team.

The Dixie Flyers sweater looks like a nice style to base a third Preds jersey on, but I'm afraid it would lose their uniqueness, considering the NHL seems to be slapping script logos onto every other team's third jersey.

But the script would actually be based on a tiny little bit of tradition/history, unlike Dallas, et al. And they would be the NHL's only gold set, so that uniqueness would remain intact.

Twitter • Facebook • Instagram • LinkedIn • Tumblr

Well yeah, it would have meaning behind it unlike the script jerseys churned out by the Stars, Lightning, and Senators. But perception always beats out fact. And the perception would be "oh man, not another script jersey."

Though I admit it is a very nice jersey in and of itself.

I hope they use this as an opportunity to roll out a new logo, as I feel that their primary and the skull secondary are among the weakest logos in the league, if not at the absolute bottom. There's a lot you can do with "predators."

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I hope they use this as an opportunity to roll out a new logo, as I feel that their primary and the skull secondary are among the weakest logos in the league, if not at the absolute bottom. There's a lot you can do with "predators."

I agree, the predator's logo set is at the bottom of the league. I'd love to see a brand spanking new logo.

jNTsTyQ.png

Archived