Nashville Predators: New thirds by Xmas

ManCalledAmp

I hope they use this as an opportunity to roll out a new logo, as I feel that their primary and the skull secondary are among the weakest logos in the league, if not at the absolute bottom. There's a lot you can do with "predators."

I agree, the predator's logo set is at the bottom of the league. I'd love to see a brand spanking new logo.

I agree the current Preds logo set isn't that mind-blowing, but it does fit the name, considering the fact that the team was named after a sabre-tooth skeleton found in the local area.

A few tweaks to their primary logo could make it ok-looking. The skull logo has to go though. What ever happened to that Nashville/N/Tower alternate? That was pretty cool.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope they use this as an opportunity to roll out a new logo, as I feel that their primary and the skull secondary are among the weakest logos in the league, if not at the absolute bottom. There's a lot you can do with "predators."

I agree, the predator's logo set is at the bottom of the league. I'd love to see a brand spanking new logo.

I agree the current Preds logo set isn't that mind-blowing, but it does fit the name, considering the fact that the team was named after a sabre-tooth skeleton found in the local area.

A few tweaks to their primary logo could make it ok-looking. The skull logo has to go though. What ever happened to that Nashville/N/Tower alternate? That was pretty cool.

+1

Been saying these same things for years.

+1

Eliminate some of the shading, tone down the detail around the eye, drop a colour or two....yeah it has potential.

e223436.gif

+1

Eliminate some of the shading, tone down the detail around the eye, drop a colour or two....yeah it has potential.

e223436.gif

Orange and light blue. They aren't even used for promotional purposes, much less on the laundry itself.

From the Preds' Boards.

Shed a little more light on the subject these are the things I've heard from a couple peeps on the inside.

1) Logo is going to be a stand alone logo. Logo is going to be a 3 tone logo instead of normal 5 tone.

2) They are down to 3 jerseys they are testing (I heard 2 but maybe they had 2nd thoughts about another?)

3) All of the remaining test jerseys have the lace up collar on them

4) Jersey will be revealed this summer (draft party? season ticket holder choose a seat day?) and will be available to season ticket holders just prior to the season.

+1

e223436.gif

pred.jpg

+1

e223436.gif

pred.jpg

I was thinking something more like this :D

NashPredslogo.png

+1

e223436.gif

pred.jpg

I was thinking something more like this :D

NashPredslogo.png

That actually looks a lot better! I would go for that.

Why do they have a lace up collar? I hate teams going to the lace up collar just for the sake of doing so. The only teams that should have lace up collars are the Rangers, Leafs (alt), Minnesota, Boston, Islanders (there alt. has lace right?), Penguins (alt). And if the Wings, Hawks and Habs ever considered adding lace up collars Id be fine with that.

beLEAF

Lace-ups are fine as long as the jersey is traditional in style. The Sens, for example, do it wrong. A lace-up with a ultra-modern jersey design.

Agreed lace-up is nice when used properly. However a teams history shouldn't determine whether they have a lace-up or not, that's just stupid in my books.

untitled-6.jpg

Lace up collars are fine as long as they aren't gratuitous. It's an absolute no-no to mix futuristic Reebok striping and piping with collars or rewrite history with a throwback that didn't have one for no reason other than marketing BS. Case in point: Calgary Flames and Montreal Canadiens. Lace ups not needed.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Count me in with the camp that says lace up collars are fine with traditional looking jerseys.

If a team with little or no history wants to wear a classic-looking jersey, I see no reason why not. If the Blue Jackets were to trot out a look with simple, Maple Leafs inspired stripes and say, the Civil War cap alt logo as the jersey crest, I would think a lace up would look fine.

If the Blackhawks did a red alt with adidas-like stripes on the side panels and down the sleeves, and a stylized, modernized, screaming bird logo on the front, a lace up collar would be cliche. Well, that and half of the hockey-concerned public would burn the city down, but that's another story.

Still, it's subjective. I thought the three prior Avs jerseys were all worthy of laces, despite the non traditional hem stripes and logo.

I do think lace ups (when done right) look classy--gimmick or not. However, if more than half the league has them...that may become my line in the sand.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Archived