Pittsburgh Penguins

mcrosby

Not bad but hell no to the robo-pigeon. No way do I ever want that back on the Pens jersey. Not even as a shoulder patch, I would rather have the logo on the 3rd jersey in the black and vegas gold as the shoulder patch logo.

But yeah, it's executed very nicely and it is nice, as a Pens fan, no thanks though.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

• 2 months later...

Here's an update on this, quite a bit late, but an update is an update.

I've updated the logo set with the 'discovery' of the Pens new wordmark.

pensconcept.png

Along with that I've made up a few jersey concepts. Both are based on the Penguins 1998-2002 road jerseys, with the Pens blue replacing the inexplicable grey.

The first is based very, very heavily on the Penguins 98-02 road jerseys, sans gradient.

penguinsalt.png

The second is a more 'acceptable' or 'conservative' version of that. The template is a slightly modified version of that which the Pens use now.

penguinsalternate2.png

C&C please.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't go with blue, it just doesn't really fit and it is not included in the logo. I really like the look of the second one the best, just replace blue with a different color. Other than that I really like this, that logo is a great modernization.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

2nded about the italicizing the wordmark in the other direction--that would keep the aggressive attack stance that the logo has. As it is it looks like the penguin on the P is stopping real hard and getting ready to turn around and run.

I love powder blue, but it's true that in order for it to work the logo needs it, and a logo that's JUST a penguin doesn't realistically have any blue. Maybe the blue could be ambient light, like black-haired comic book characters have? Meh, just a thought.

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Everything about this looks great. It is really well done. The main logo is a great update of the old one. The P/penguin logo is so cool. And the wordmark looks great. I love the jerseys. They look very clean and cool. The first jersey is very unique. I like it. The second jersey is just amazing. Great job!

Thanks for the comments, I'll be working on making a set out of these, using either the current colorset or the blue look, so voice your opinions.

and for those of you, who for some reason loved the grey, the gradient, and the lack of balance...Here's a look at ugly in Reebok Edge.

(btw, I love the old, though ugly, jerseys.)

penguinsalt4.png

Archived