Chicago Bulls Concept

burgundy

I'm not much of an NBA fan, but every time I see the bulls logo I cringe at how outdated it is. It's a good logo for it's time, but it desperately needs an update, so I decided to bring it into the 21st century. I also modernized the uniforms. C&C please.

bulls.png

spacer.png

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Disagree, it's a step in the right direction but it is far too cartoony for my tastes. I think a combination of the snout and the eyes make it look like a character that would be featured with daffy duck and bugs bunny. Work on making those two elements maybe more realistic.

The uniforms are a nice upgrade though.

Thanks for the comments so far.

^Disagree, it's a step in the right direction but it is far too cartoony for my tastes. I think a combination of the snout and the eyes make it look like a character that would be featured with daffy duck and bugs bunny. Work on making those two elements maybe more realistic.

Well, I'm trying not to diverge too much from the current logo, so I think the cartoony aspect is sort of unavoidable. I'll see what I can do though.

spacer.png

Yes, you made the snout look much, much better. This is what I would do for the eyes: see how there are like 4 "anchor points" on the white shape in the eye? Make it have 3: make the lower two come to a point. Also maybe move it away from the edge a little bit. I think it will make it look better, but I could be wrong.

and their current logo isnt cartoony? this is a very good upgrade in my book. Similar to what the Seattle Seahawks, New Orleans Hornets, and San Francisco 49ers have done in the past by modernizing their logo, but keeping the regular look.

temp.png

and their current logo isnt cartoony? this is a very good upgrade in my book. Similar to what the Seattle Seahawks, New Orleans Hornets, and San Francisco 49ers have done in the past by modernizing their logo, but keeping the regular look.

I never said their current logo isn't cartoony but burgundyskins original concept was very cartoony as well, maybe more so. But this last update, I think, is the best so far.

I actually love this logo. I do the same thing when I see their current logo, all it need is a little update to make it fit in with the twentieth century. The jerseys are great too, nice job on this.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

The unis are ok, but they are better now,and that bull is way too ugly and I would never consider it as an NBA logo. No offense.

How should he fix it then?

Burgundy, I really like this idea. I also like that the unis kept the diamond shape on the shorts. Very nice! :D

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

For what your concept is, a modernization of a classic logo, it is excellent. However, I realize it's been in use since 1966, but every time I see the Chicago Bulls logo I think of Michael Jordan. Granted, I'm not a huge basketball fan so that is partly ignorant on my part. Still, in my opinion if the Bulls were to change their logo, they should change to a completely new logo if they wish to find an identity for themselves in the post-Jordan era.

Really, what I'm struck with with your logo, which is something I've seen in, say, modernizations of the Detroit Lions or Oakland Raiders, is that you are almost contained within the parameters of the previous design--you really stayed with most of the design elements of the original and in that way, somewhat limited your new design. I feel that if you were to design an entirely new logo, it may be much better in that you are not restricted to the design elements of the original.

Please don't take this as criticism of this logo--as far as a modernization of the Bull, it is pretty much perfect and I can definitely see the Bulls adopting something similar in the future.

For what your concept is, a modernization of a classic logo, it is excellent. However, I realize it's been in use since 1966, but every time I see the Chicago Bulls logo I think of Michael Jordan. Granted, I'm not a huge basketball fan so that is partly ignorant on my part. Still, in my opinion if the Bulls were to change their logo, they should change to a completely new logo if they wish to find an identity for themselves in the post-Jordan era.

Really, what I'm struck with with your logo, which is something I've seen in, say, modernizations of the Detroit Lions or Oakland Raiders, is that you are almost contained within the parameters of the previous design--you really stayed with most of the design elements of the original and in that way, somewhat limited your new design. I feel that if you were to design an entirely new logo, it may be much better in that you are not restricted to the design elements of the original.

Please don't take this as criticism of this logo--as far as a modernization of the Bull, it is pretty much perfect and I can definitely see the Bulls adopting something similar in the future.

I see what you're saying, but I think the point of teams modernizing a classic logo is that they want to keep a link to the past and all of the greats that have come through. People like to be reminded of the "glory days". I think it's been shown many times that when teams completely overhaul themselves, especially from a classic look, many fans get upset. But from a creative standpoint, I see where you're coming from.

spacer.png

I don't think logos can be outdated. I love the current Bulls logo,its classic. If your going to modernize this logo why don't you modernize the Yankees,Canadiens,Red Sox,and Steelers logos?

Because he chose to modernize the Bulls.

The unis are ok, but they are better now,and that bull is way too ugly and I would never consider it as an NBA logo. No offense.

Do you also think the current Bulls logo is ugly, too? Cuz if you do, this and the current are too similar to each other for one to be considered ugly and not the other.

Archived