Chicago Bulls Concept

burgundy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love this man, I think the logo update looks great. The uniforms are very nice as well, I don't really have much to suggest besides maybe add the pinstriping and cursive "Chicago" to the black alt.

Maybe I will, but I'm not really a fan of pinstripes. The "Chicago" script maybe though.

I already did a Bulls modernization that I was going to post in my NBA redesign. Are you spying on my computer? :o

Yes, yes I am patsox. And I'm scarred for life from the things I've seen.

spacer.png

I love this man, I think the logo update looks great. The uniforms are very nice as well, I don't really have much to suggest besides maybe add the pinstriping and cursive "Chicago" to the black alt.

Maybe I will, but I'm not really a fan of pinstripes. The "Chicago" script maybe though.

I already did a Bulls modernization that I was going to post in my NBA redesign. Are you spying on my computer? :o

Yes, yes I am patsox. And I'm scarred for life from the things I've seen.

That's understandable I guess. :D

As for the concept, the Bull is pretty nice and I think it would go over fairly well if the Bulls changed to something like this. I would like to see a side view of the shorts though.

This is a great update. I could definitly see the Bulls going to something like this if they try to modernize. One thing I'd like to see is the cursive "Chicago" script on the alternate. And like Scotty said maybe some pinstripes. the best part of this concept though is that while you modernized the team you also kept the main elements of their current design. Great job.

jNTsTyQ.png

The Bull looks great to me. I think you nailed the "update" idea. Sure it was a little cartoony to begin with, which is why it is now, but it is still a good logo. As for the uniforms, I have a problem. On the White homes you have Red triangles on the shorts outlined in Black. Then on the collar you have Red stripes around a Black stripe. And then the numbers are Red outlined in Black. Therefore color A should be used for the triangle on the shorts, the names and numbers, and the two outer stripes on the trim. Color B should be used to outline the triangle, to outline the numbers, and as the single inner stripe on the trim. On the other two jerseys this gets changed. All you have to do is switch the triangle color and the triangle trim color on those two uniforms and you are set. It just bothers me now. There is too much White on the away and alternate shorts.

Fantastic. I love the modernized jerseys. The Chicago script works very well with that. When I thought of red pinstripes on a black jersey in my mind, it didn't look very good, but now that I see it, that works very well.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

i love what you have done here, most of all the recent update. But, am i the only one that noticed that the thick (on white jersey) red arm and neck bands are very old looking and fit more with the 90's then now? don't get me wrong it looks great but i don't see how you can have a great looking modernization of the 'classic' logo but still have the 'classic' uniforms.

These look pretty much perfect now. Congrats on a great concept. You took feedback and used it even if it wasn't your favorite direction to go, well done. If these were made for real the road and alternates would sell like crazy.

The only updates the Bulls need to make are personnel-related.

This isn't better than the current logo. It looks like a very talented amateur's version of a classic logo, which isn't to say it's bad by any means (quite the opposite), but no iteration of that improves upon the current logo. The outline is way too thick, and the rest of the detailed changes aren't substantial enough fo rme to say "I see where you made that better." The uniforms are okay, I guess, though I didn't like the pinstripes then and don't like them now. If you're going to put "Chicago" on the roads, use the matching arched script, not the old script from the early '80s. The curves on the shorts don't improve upon the straight stripes there now, and the simplified cuff/collar striping isn't better than the more complicated pattern they use now. As for whoever said that style looks dated, yes it does: it dates back to when NBA uniforms were generally pretty good. Wishbone collars, vests, culottes...they don't look good. So I'm glad you chose not to go with the wide-shouldered look.

I guess philosophically I can't get behind any Bulls concept. I can endorse a switch to "Chicago" on the existing roads and nothing else. People keep saying it's time to get their uniforms out of the Jordan era; I see no reason why that's necessary. A Jordan era isn't something you aspire to leave.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The only updates the Bulls need to make are personnel-related.

This isn't better than the current logo. It looks like a very talented amateur's version of a classic logo, which isn't to say it's bad by any means (quite the opposite), but no iteration of that improves upon the current logo. The outline is way too thick, and the rest of the detailed changes aren't substantial enough fo rme to say "I see where you made that better." The uniforms are okay, I guess, though I didn't like the pinstripes then and don't like them now. If you're going to put "Chicago" on the roads, use the matching arched script, not the old script from the early '80s. The curves on the shorts don't improve upon the straight stripes there now, and the simplified cuff/collar striping isn't better than the more complicated pattern they use now. As for whoever said that style looks dated, yes it does: it dates back to when NBA uniforms were generally pretty good. Wishbone collars, vests, culottes...they don't look good. So I'm glad you chose not to go with the wide-shouldered look.

I guess philosophically I can't get behind any Bulls concept. I can endorse a switch to "Chicago" on the existing roads and nothing else. People keep saying it's time to get their uniforms out of the Jordan era; I see no reason why that's necessary. A Jordan era isn't something you aspire to leave.

Yes, Yes, Yes, and also: yes. This is exactly what i was thinking. This concept is certainly not bad or poorly done, it is just not needed and seems forced. the main thing, i understand, is too modernize. However, you go back to the pinstripes and the pre-jordan Chicago script. It isnt needed, but nonetheless, it still looks really nice, but just not my cup of tea

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I really like your updated Bulls logo. It reminds me of what the Arizona Cardinals did back in 2006: take their classic logo and modernize it, but nothing too drastic. You did the same with the Chicago Bulls logo, and I think it came out beautifully. Very nice job.

Archived