New Johnny Canuck Logo

AsM29

So you're suggesting that people on a sports logo board might care more about logo and jersey details than most fans?

Really? Really?

Why yes I am........

and conversely...........

people outside of this message board probably don't care at all about the Whalers' and Canucks' colour schemes.

Are you telling us you're not recognizing sarcasm when you see it?

:blink:

Every other form of logic tends to escape him, why not this one?

Oh that's right. Logic escapes me.

really

DEATH TO REEBOK

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone outside of a few logo geeks really care about the Hartford Whalers? I guarantee you that 99.999% of the population never thinks about the Whalers and does not see any connection with the Canucks. It's a completely trivial issue outside this forum.

Get :censored: ed.

*Saves as a standard response to any letterform post*

All I'm pointing out is that most people don't care about the minutia of sports logos and uniforms - much less that of a defunct NHL franchise. Yes, WE care, but it's only people on message boards such as this that go into this detail. For that I should go screw myself?

For a "defunct" franchise, you would hardly know it. There are still lots of Whalers fans in the Hartford/Springfield area since they only moved twelve years ago. I see people wearing Whalers garb every day at my college and trust me--it's not because they are logo geeks.

No one ever questioned the dedication of Whalers fans. The team was just in an impossible situation. Stuck between two larger hockey markets in the forms of Boston and New York (which supported three teams) and no support for a new stadium? Not only was the writing on the wall, but a return doesn't seem likely either.

Come on CT, let the 'Canes have their history back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm thankful that there was a Hartford Whalers team so that they could move to NC. I went to the first 'Canes game and there where 2 or 3 busses of fans from Hartford that drove to Greensboro (before the move to Raleigh) for a team that left. Very impressive and the Whalers jersey was one of my favorite. Wish I could find a blue one. Anyhow that Johnny Canuck logo would rock on a jersey but the Vancouver Giants logo looks more up to date as far as a lumberjack logo. Just my opinion. Keep up the great work on this forum folks! Would like to see a little less squabling though. I hope that we are all adults here. Take care.

The Canucks originally had two versions of the Johnny Canuck logo. The first was used in the late 50's on programs and some team apparel other than uniforms. The second is what the new logo is based on. It was featured on programs, center ice, and was on a Canucks uniform for only one or two seasons.

DEATH TO REEBOK

• 2 weeks later...

Man they really need to use this. I like the V Johnny Canuck logo currently used on the shoulder patch, but this is even better. I liken it to the Penguins current logo...while the image of the Penguin skating is cartoonish, it is just classic to the franchise.

70389454.png

Archived