Houston Or Winnipeg?

IceCap

Which city should recieve a NHL team?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

so, a place that doesn't get ice naturally, and is an unproven market for ice hockey is more deserving than one that has had a pro hockey franchise and is activley lobbying to get one back.....next time to chat with this guy, smack him for me

I think Winterpeg should get one before Houston,but Houston would be a intresting rival for Dallas,and they support the AHL fairly well,plus they have a new arena in place.So i wouldnt mind seein em both in the NHL someday

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Houston, of course! Haven't we learned from the Jets, Nordiques, Grizzlies and, soon, the Expos, that Canadiens have little interest in professional sports, and that while risky, there's a big payoff in moving to an unproven new market in the Southern US?

:lol: Hahahaha... Damn! I ALMOST managed to say that with a straight face.

Go Peg!

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I think if the NHL came back to Winnipeg it will be like teh return of hockey to Minnesota in that gettinga ticket will be impossible because every game will be sold out months in adavnce.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

the last thing the nhl needs is another southern nhl team. winnipeg for sure but i agree there needs to be some teasm contracted before we can think about this

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Don't waste time on that thread--basically it boils down to this--He's gung ho about his home town deserving an NHL team--No problem--that's okay...

However---his approach is the problem--instead of extolling the virtues of Houston, and leaving it at that he spends more time bashing Winnipeg praising Houston--and his comments show a lack of basic knowledge about Winnipeg, Manitoba, and Canada...

SUpport your hometown--yes, lobby for a team---yes!...

BUT don't go around bashing other places--especially ones you know little about!

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

as for the issue of the nhl having to contract rather then expand, i think expantion is out of the question. im for contraction and re-location. move the coyotys(sp?) back to winnipeg and the 'canes back to hartford, and the pens to portland. then u get rid of MOST of the southern teams (washington, nashville, florida, san jose, and the ducks). this leavs the nhl in the few southern cities that have an intrest for hockey (tampa bay, atlanta, dalla, and la). that will leave a perfect nhl. you will have teams in all the major canadain markets (excluding quebec city), and teams in every american city that ACTUALLY wants a hockey team. everybody is happy.

:flagcanada::flagusa:

as for the issue of the nhl having to contract rather then expand, i think expantion is out of the question. im for contraction and re-location. move the coyotys(sp?) back to winnipeg and the 'canes back to hartford, and the pens to portland. then u get rid of MOST of the southern teams (washington, nashville, florida, san jose, and the ducks). this leavs the nhl in the few southern cities that have an intrest for hockey (tampa bay, atlanta, dalla, and la). that will leave a perfect nhl. you will have teams in all the major canadain markets (excluding quebec city), and teams in every american city that ACTUALLY wants a hockey team. everybody is happy.

:flagcanada::flagusa:

San Jose???? Last time I checked San Jose was in the North. As for the teams you said get rid of, I would say keep washington and San Jose. The rest I agree with you on.

I would be between a rock and a hard spot in voting here. I live in Lafayette Louisiana. Home of the Louisiana IceGators (ECHL), hince the nick GatorBait. Houston/Minnesota is our affil. in the AHL/NHL right now and I love minor league hockey over the NHL. Not to say I don't still root for my Oilers. I just love watching the younger guys come up and Louisiana has one now that should be in the NHL within 3-4 years, Alex Materukhin will be one of the next big prospects from the ECHL. All I know is he won't be here next year. I can't see taking more minor league cities away and turning them NHL. When some of those ppl will never be able to go to a game then. The good tickets go from 14.00 to 35.00-40.00 a game, I know I couldn't afford that.

hockey.gif

I guess now is a good time as any other to ask this question........

Do you think Salt Lake City could ever get an NHL team? They already have the Utah Grizzles (IHL) but I'm just wondering if Utah's capital city is a big enough market for the NHL to consider them.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived