NRL/AFL Concepts

Gazzzaf

The 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9 and 0 are pretty much exact matches. The serifs look a little heavy on 2 and 4 and the base of the 7 really kills it for me. If I use the font I'll probably get rid of the player names as well, not really keen on having the names so horizontally compressed. I might look at fiddling around with the numbers that are off and put them on separate jumpers when I finish the set.

I see you watched the rest of the game...

sig.png

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see you watched the rest of the game...

Indeed. Nice to have Craig Wing back.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Just don't go using Serpentine like some teams are now. Horrible number font.

You need not worry, after seeing it on Newcastle then Parra and now the Roosters I am less than impressed.

sig.png

• 3 weeks later...

After seeing what my club, the Canberra Raiders have offered in a poll here. I thought it was time to release my designs in hope that the club comes to its senses.

2009_nrl_raiders_sec_1a-1024x682.jpg

2009_nrl_raiders_sec_2a-1024x682.jpg

I'll bring out the whole set soon, with less sponsors and different name/number font.

sig.png

That option B in the poll looks disgustingly busy, pretty much like the old Tigers jerseys

Given the Raiders only kit "clash" is with the Bunnies, a black jersey probably isn't the best idea - but I can't say I'm a fan of the Raiders wearing blue either.

Apart from the fact that they shouldn't have worn it against the Titans on Friday night, what's wrong with the Raiders wearing white?

That option B in the poll looks disgustingly busy, pretty much like the old Tigers jerseys

Given the Raiders only kit "clash" is with the Bunnies, a black jersey probably isn't the best idea - but I can't say I'm a fan of the Raiders wearing blue either.

Apart from the fact that they shouldn't have worn it against the Titans on Friday night, what's wrong with the Raiders wearing white?

"Been there, done that", probably. I don't mind the idea of black...a solid black version of A (i.e. no gradient, just green on black) would be bearable.

Friday night's kit was just a bad idea...

"Been there, done that", probably. I don't mind the idea of black...a solid black version of A (i.e. no gradient, just green on black) would be bearable.

Friday night's kit was just a bad idea...

Can't remember when specifically but I remember you saying black is Un-Canberran. I'm in total agreement with this. I really hope we don't go black. As much as the current away is a throwback, it needs to go. We look like the Doggies.

sig.png

Can't remember when specifically but I remember you saying black is Un-Canberran. I'm in total agreement with this. I really hope we don't go black.

I've been here too long... I've stopped kidding myself that I care on any level other than the purely aesthetic ;)

I'd go with green-blue-gold (front to back) for the shorts stripes to mirror the arms a bit more. Looks good otherwise.

• 1 month later...

You're doing EXACTLY what the NRL needs and that is creating simple yet bold designs. Titants set is simple and effecive, and St George's alternates have a nice touche of heritage too them. Those close ups of the chest are very nice.

I've found that the Dragons are switching to Reebok so their design will need to be re-revised (makes sense as the Titans are switching from Reebok to Adidas). Manly are switching to ISC so I'll make them that way when I come to that bridge.

If anyone else knows of any movements, please tell me. My tentacles only spread so far and the revisions are slowing this project down considerably.

sig.png

• 3 weeks later...

Its more of a tan colour, I remember seeing a picture of Tim Sheens wearing a tannish jumper on an old playing card and like the look. Could have been faded though.

sig.png

Archived