NRL/AFL Concepts

Gazzzaf

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Asides from the shorts striping, there isn't any additional logo creep to what either team already has.

And that's the bit that set me off :D Sorry, I just hate Adidas stripes.

Fair enough, I was trying to standardise each brand's template across all codes for simplicity. There's only Adelaide to go for Adidas so I'll make sure its as quick and painless as possible.

sig.png

You've done far more work than the designers who actually bang them together.

The logos are not embroidered, they're just printed on like everything else.

Add to that the fact that the club logo does not feature on the jumper (for most clubs). The chest sponsor has always annoyed me, I guess with such a small uniform area there wasn't much choice.

sig.png

Add to that the fact that the club logo does not feature on the jumper (for most clubs). The chest sponsor has always annoyed me, I guess with such a small uniform area there wasn't much choice.

4 clubs carry club logos, 25% of the league.

(Collngwood, Geelong, North & StKilda)

Well, Carlton too, but that's different.

As for sponsors, I think AFL does a better job than NRL.

I refuse to buy a Storm jersey because it looks more like an ad for ME Bank & Suzuki than a sporting team

And I don't even know who ME Bank are.

As for Clash jumpers, I doubt most people here would understand the link to wearing the same design that both the clubs you have done so far would have. But I like them.

Collingwood is different enough to be useable.

As for ours, well, we don't need a Clash jumper. We should just make everyone else wear theirs.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

4 clubs carry club logos, 25% of the league.

(Collngwood, Geelong, North & StKilda)

Well, Carlton too, but that's different.

As for sponsors, I think AFL does a better job than NRL.

I refuse to buy a Storm jersey because it looks more like an ad for ME Bank & Suzuki than a sporting team

And I don't even know who ME Bank are.

As for Clash jumpers, I doubt most people here would understand the link to wearing the same design that both the clubs you have done so far would have. But I like them.

Collingwood is different enough to be useable.

As for ours, well, we don't need a Clash jumper. We should just make everyone else wear theirs.

I guess you could add a few more to the list such as the Dogs, Lions and Eagles but it doesn't feel the same as having the emblem over the heart which is pretty much a feature of every other Australian code.

Sponsorwise, the AFL does a far superior job to the NRL. I begrudgingly buy a Raiders jumper every year only to have another sponsor tacked on. Although this year was actually an improvement on last years and I daresay we have one of the least obtrusive sets in the league. Melbourne's is garbage, has been since they parted ways with Adecco and have adopted enormous rectangles to house their important logos. But Melbourne doesn't even compare to the Broncos which makes me say one word...

09_bronc_home_jers_380.jpg

The idea of the sets I'm doing are to reduce the amount of sponsors to one and returning to simple and uncluttered looks. You'd think a sponsor would pay more for their logo to feature on a jumper exclusively rather than lost in a sea of corporate signage.

I'm going to take a mainly conservative route with most of the AFL teams as they tend to keep jumpers a lot longer than in League, the older clubs will only get minor tweaks and you'll see the major changes on clash strips and younger clubs. And as a fellow Essendon fan, my first order was to leave them be.

sig.png

Agree on the AFL jumpers, though it is becoming marketing strategy policy to produce jumpers that will sell, and then replace them regularly so they replace the revenue with new money.

North did it with a great clash jumper that had grey incorporated into it.

But they had to change because, in the words of a club official I know pretty well "everyone who was going got buy one already had one".

So they produced a piece of crap in the hope that everyone who bought the good one would also buy the rubbish one.

You will see more and more new designs as they go.

Especially if Gary March, the Richmond president can get his company into the market.

He is on the board of the company who own Kombat and even though their jumpers are poor quality, they have some interesting designs.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Actually, Mero, I like the idea of the red shorts being the clash, if only because it accomplishes what the thick red stripe does -- it makes them a "red" team instead of a "black" team. And against a team like Richmond or Collingwood or St. Kilda or Port, I think it would work.

philly.png

Actually, Mero, I like the idea of the red shorts being the clash, if only because it accomplishes what the thick red stripe does -- it makes them a "red" team instead of a "black" team. And against a team like Richmond or Collingwood or St. Kilda or Port, I think it would work.

Agree with you.

Except for StKilda.

They wear White, we don't, they should wear White shorts against us.

Essendon wore Red shorts in all Home games from 1975 to 1982.

gmoss.jpg

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived