NRL/AFL Concepts

Gazzzaf

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

As a Demons fan, I like the modern feel the traditional strip has. That clash jersey though, it feels like you have combined two jerseys that would look good by themselves, one being a blue and red V, and the other being the blue and red line. One or the other would look better I reckon.

As a Demons fan, I like the modern feel the traditional strip has. That clash jersey though, it feels like you have combined two jerseys that would look good by themselves, one being a blue and red V, and the other being the blue and red line. One or the other would look better I reckon.

The V and the waist stripe are derived from their 1926-1929 jumper (with colours changed to provide contrast with the primary). A lot of my AFL set has looked to the past for inspiration regarding secondary jumpers (has to be using a profile of a bird over and over again).

Anyway, I've finished up the Lions. I used the new logo while retaining the old lion on the chest. I haven't done a Fitzroy strip (yet) as I feel that its important to recognise both sides of the merger equally, hence the Bears inspired secondary strip.

2010_BL_Header.jpg

2010_BL_Primary.jpg

2010_BL_Secondary.jpg

sig.png

While I hold out for the last three NRL teams (Sharks, Roosters, Tigers) to secure sponsorship deals I’ll be finishing off the AFL.

The Hawks, along with Fremantle, have the best colour schemes in the AFL. The primary uniform is timeless but their clash really doesn’t suit the identity, especially disappointing since there is so much potential. The big change comes with the secondary strip, based on an early jumper.

2010_Hawt_Header.jpg

2010_Hawt_Primary.jpg

2010_Hawt_Secondary.jpg

sig.png

Any reason for the grip panels on the AFL jumpers, Gaz?

I based it on the new Irish rugby template, without the sleeves. It can't be anything but beneficiary to ball handling so I left them on.

that number panel was there so that stripes can go through the back of the jumper. When you look at Gazzzaf's design, you would say that the back is yellow, not striped, as stripes are not dominant as they were in premiership jumper.

My idea was actually a gold panel extending to the top of the jumper. It extends to include the sponsor so there isn't a need for an obtrusive box around it.

sig.png

• 2 weeks later...

Your colours have gone all weird in the Tigers export; sort of green? The zoom of the logo stitching looks fine, but the others have particularly weird colour.

As far as the looks go, I like almost everything you've done.

I'm not sure about the logo double-up on the Swans and (especially) Blues for the AFL guernseys, and I don't like your secondary uniforms for the Dragons or Broncos particularly. Rest is great!

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

• 2 weeks later...

The orange originates from my primary monitor breaking and requiring replacement. I designed the Tigers on my secondary while the primary was being replaced. It applied a different colour profile to the last three files, plus the monitor has a blue shift which I cant seem to shake. I might come back and fix it later.

Eastern Suburbs Roosters

NRL_2010_East_Detail.jpg

NRL_2010_East_Pri.jpg

NRL_2010_East_Sec.jpg

NRL_2010_East_Alt1.jpg

NRL_2010_East_Alt2.jpg

sig.png

• 1 month later...

Archived