Bohob's MLB Redesign Project

bohob

#22 BOSTON RED SOX

This was also more of a tweak. I started with MLB Tuscan New. I slightly edited the primary logo, which now features an off-white for the classic look. I have also put a navy outline on the sox logo. The homes feature a red cap, as well as piping similar to the 1930s Red Sox. I also put the sox logo on the right sleeve instead of just on the left sleeve of the roads so it didn't look like two feet running away. The road use the more common navy cap, but with a switch back to red letters/numbers on the jerseys. The Sunday Alt. uses the Sox logo as a crest with the Sox logo on the cap as well. C&C is always appreciated.

red_sox_id.jpg

red_sox_home.jpg

red_sox_away.jpg

red_sox_bp.jpg

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YANKEES- Their Primary looks a little odd with no red, but that is minor. I like the uniforms, especially the updated road version.

RED SOX- Pretty much everything looks good here. However, I think you could fit an all-red cap in the set somewhere.

For both of them, I say you slap names on the back of at least one uniform. But that's just me ;)

Good job :)

Yankees- exactly what they should be wearing. I love the road pinstripes and the alternate as well.

Red Sox- LOVE the addition of the off-white color, definitely gives it that classic feel. While I was a little skeptical about you including a red hat, I actually think it looks great. I echo the comments about the script being kinda spaced out. Other than that, I love both of these.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

#21 NEW YORK YANKEES

This one is more of an tweak than an overhaul. The main objective here was consistency. I made the primary logo use colors consistent with the uniforms. I only used the NY logo from the caps. The tertiary is a sleeve patch for the Sunday Alt. I know the Yankees are thought of as a "one cap team" but that is so boring. I felt it was necessary to make the NY on the road cap grey since I removed the white from the road jerseys. The Sunday Alt cap is from the 1910s. The home primary uniform didn't change too much. I used the cap NY instead of the current jersey NY. The roads feature pinstriped, consistent with the Yankees nickname, "The Pinstripes". The Sunday Alt uniform is a throwback to the 1910s, but with the sleeve patch added. C&C it up!

yankees_id.jpg

yankees_home.jpg

yankees_away.jpg

yankees_bp.jpg

you are my hero

#23 TORONTO BLUE JAYS

First off, I kept a modified version of the current blue jay head. The edits are around the back of the head. I also added a version with the leaf behind it. I tried to carry the inline aspect through to the uniform striping. I also made use of the contrast-panel caps. The jerseys feature the logo on the front with the wordmark, a tribute to the retro. The Sunday Alt, uses an all-blue cap with the vests and chest striping. C&C is always appreciated.

blue_jays_id.jpg

blue_jays_home.jpg

blue_jays_away.jpg

blue_jays_bp.jpg

As a Jays fan, I have two suggestions. 1. Lose the racing stripes. If you want to give them back to a team like the Mets, I'm okay with that, but they're so hideous that in 2009, it's not time to start a new tradition.

2. The name to number size ratio is staggering. I don't think the nameplate font fits either for that matter, and while I'm at it, I prefer the actual number font from the era you're paying tribute to.

20082614530.png

I'll echo the racing stripe statement. I also want to add that I think a darker (almost navy) blue, would work better with the powder than what you have now. The colours make me think someone just had a baby boy.

g4104.png

As a Jays fan, I have two suggestions. 1. Lose the racing stripes. If you want to give them back to a team like the Mets, I'm okay with that, but they're so hideous that in 2009, it's not time to start a new tradition.

2. The name to number size ratio is staggering. I don't think the nameplate font fits either for that matter, and while I'm at it, I prefer the actual number font from the era you're paying tribute to.

I did give them to the Mets, and the Astros. Given that I've used them a couple times, I've whipped up something different. I have also edited the width of the name (which is superfluous considering the numbers). As far as the numbers, I get that you have a love for the classic, but re-hashing the old is not what this series is about.

I'll echo the racing stripe statement. I also want to add that I think a darker (almost navy) blue, would work better with the powder than what you have now. The colours make me think someone just had a baby boy.

Almost navy? Absolutely not. There is too much navy in the division already, but I did slightly darken the royal. The colors generally shift a little between Illustrator and web images towards the the lighter. Bringing me to?

#23 TORONTO BLUE JAYS UPDATE

The racing stripes are gone, the blue is darker. I decided to make use of the chest stripe that was previously only on the Sunday Alt. Let me know what you think C&C it up!

blue_jays_id2.jpg

blue_jays_home2.jpg

blue_jays_away2.jpg

blue_jays_bp2.jpg

Those uniforms just look way too much like something from the 70's. It is not something I would want to see on the field. I like the idea of putting the Blue Jay back on the front of the jersey though...but that's about it.

Now that I think about it, there is too much navy in the division, but my point was to darken it. The darker blue does look better but I think it could use another colour. Maybe silver?

Onto the actual jerseys. The design is nice, but like Jay said, a little too retro. Also, where would the chest stripe end exactly? Wouldn't it kind of come to an akward, abrupt end?

I didn't mention this yet, but I really like what you did with the logos. It looks alot better. And going back a little further, I really love what you did with the Mariners. It's a great look for them.

g4104.png

Now that I think about it, there is too much navy in the division, but my point was to darken it. The darker blue does look better but I think it could use another colour. Maybe silver?

Onto the actual jerseys. The design is nice, but like Jay said, a little too retro. Also, where would the chest stripe end exactly? Wouldn't it kind of come to an akward, abrupt end?

I didn't mention this yet, but I really like what you did with the logos. It looks alot better. And going back a little further, I really love what you did with the Mariners. It's a great look for them.

It would end where the Cool Base panel starts.

Well, I thought I hit the nail on the head with Toronto, considering they were born in the 70s, and they were one on the flagship teams of that aesthetic IMO. But I guess not. I may go back and re-work them, but that will come later, if at all. But in the mean time…

#24 BALTIMORE ORIOLES

First off, there is a new primary logo. I wanted to give the O's a primary that is more of a logo, and less of a bird tacked onto a script. Also, the hat logo is now the bird's head, instead of the incredibly detailed full bird. I feel this translates better to embroidery than the current hat logo, which I used for the BP hats. The tertiary is a modified Maryland flag sleeve patch. I felt the extra colors weren't necessary, and detracted from the overall look. The home uniforms feature orange as the dominant color, while the roads emphasize more black. The uni's feature segmented trim, a la the Cleveland Cavs 3rd jerseys. I believe this ties in with the Maryland flag motif well. I also chose numerals that weren't as generic as MLB Block. I went wit ha slab-serif to complement the text in the primary and tertiary logos. The Sunday Alt. is a vest with the tri-color cap. C&C is appreciated.

orioles_id.jpg

orioles_home.jpg

orioles_away.jpg

orioles_bp.jpg

I really like the Orioles concept and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised at how good the bird looks minus the body. I can't say I really like the pants striping however. It's creative, but I don't think it would look very good in practice. I also think you should switch the script on the primary logo to black. I think it would stand out much better than gray. The Maryland flag patch doesn't quite look right either. I think if you're going to use it on the sleeves, it should be in its normal colors.

I really like the Orioles concept and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised at how good the bird looks minus the body. I can't say I really like the pants striping however. It's creative, but I don't think it would look very good in practice. I also think you should switch the script on the primary logo to black. I think it would stand out much better than gray. The Maryland flag patch doesn't quite look right either. I think if you're going to use it on the sleeves, it should be in its normal colors.

The bolded sentences is where I definitely agree on.

Archived