Bohob's MLB Redesign Project

bohob

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#26 DETROIT TIGERS

Once again, this isn't a huge departure from the currents, but I made certain changes that I felt were necessary. First off, on the primary I went with a modified version of the tiger-head-in-a-circle logo. I also set out to use one D, thus improving the consistency. The tertiary is a partial of the primary. On the homes, I added traces of orange to differentiate the Tigers from the Yankees. I have also beefed up the placket piping and added a sleeve patch of the primary logo, so the uniform doesn't look so empty. The roads feature a new Old English script as well as a sleeve patch. The Sunday Alt. utilizes orange pinstripes to imply a "tiger-stripe" motif. The Sunday Alt. cap is a throwback to the 1935 team. Please offer C&C; it is appreciated.

tigers_id.jpg

tigers_home.jpg

tigers_away.jpg

tigers_bp.jpg

^^Sorry not cutting it for me. Orange hasn't appeared on Detroit's home unis since 1902 and adding it now simply to make them look different than the Yankees, a team the Tigers are older than, ain't going to work, especially if that's your reasoning.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

^^Sorry not cutting it for me. Orange hasn't appeared on Detroit's home unis since 1902 and adding it now simply to make them look different than the Yankees, a team the Tigers are older than, ain't going to work, especially if that's your reasoning.

Well, actually, my main reason is that they are TIGERS. But I guess I should have mentioned that.

EDIT: Actually, orange has periodically been on the uniforms in the 20s and 30s.

I'm not sure about the old english wordmark on the roads. I don't hate it, but I don't love it. Not great criticism, I know. I'll probably grow on me.

I don't dig the orange outline on the homes (cap and jersey), but since this is a redesign you gotta do something different. It's not bad, but I like their current uniforms better.

The primary logo looks hodgepodge because of the amount of negative space. The kerning of "Detroit" and "Tigers" is too big and the tiger head just seems to be floating in a void.

Sadly, I don't have much to suggest on this one. It doesn't strike me, but I don't know how to make it better.

I do love the pinstripe sunday alternate, especially the cap.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

The update you made on the logo is definately better.

I like the current roads better, but these I wouldn't mind.

Also, I do believe that the Tigers need more orange in their uniforms, but I would definately leave the current home unis alone. The only thing (if anything) I would add is a secondary/primary logo as a patch, and you did that.

The Home alts. are nice, but I'd ditch the orange in those unis. It definately looks better without.

The Road alts. are perfect. If anything, I'd change the gray outline to white, but I noticed that's a reoccuring theme in your concepts.

The Sunday alts. are fine, love that hat. Not much change here.

The BP ones are GREAT! Perfect for a BP jersey!

Solid work here Bohob, once again. Great Job

#27 CLEVELAND INDIANS

Well, this time it's a re-brand. Let me start off by saying I really, really, dislike the Chief Wahoo logo. Personally, I think it's an offensive stereotype. I figured using abstract symbols that referenced the culture would be a more dignified approach to this concept. With that said, I used a dream catcher as the primary and tertiary logos. The secondary is a block C with two feathers. I got the original idea from Chestnutz's Indians concept, but I feel I have sufficiently differentiated mine from his. The uniforms (other than the Sunday Alt.) feature a contrast-placket with piping. The color scheme is brown and red, which falls in line with my assault on navy and red in this series. I feel the brown pairs with the red as a great, earthy combo, as well as shows synergy with the Browns. The homes are a cream color, to enhance the traditional look I was going for. The homes also feature red more than the roads, which are a slightly warm grey. The Sunday Alt. feature piping along the placket and sleeves, as well as a red cap. C&C please.

indians_id.jpg

indians_home.jpg

indians_away.jpg

indians_bp.jpg

I actually really like the Indians concept.

Except for the placket filled in, this is nice.

I actually like the sunday home more than the primary home, as it stands.

But, if you change the placket color to the jersey color, I'd like this much more.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I really like the concept for the Indians, it's one of my favorites you've done. The logos are a huge upgrade. I agree that the filled-in plackets don't really work, so I would change that, but I like everything else. I also think the CI from the primary could make a nice alternate cap logo. The old-time feel is very nice. Great job.

ph_407812.jpgNickAdenhart.pngph_458675.jpg

Wow, my favorite of the series. Fantastic. I can tell you somewhat based it off of my concept, but there's no question they're vastly different, and IMO yours is vastly better. I love the new colors, and I'm gonna go against the public opinion and say I love the plackets, they're unique. Sunday alt is definitely my favorite. A+ work.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

The new Tiger primary is a big improvement. It looks much better now.

--------------------

The filled plackets are an interesting choice. Did you have any reasoning for that design element?

I don't dislike Chief Wahoo, but your dreamcatcher idea is top notch. If the team used these logos, I wouldn't oppose that either. Good stuff. The only thing that bothers me is the interlocked "C-I". My brain wants to see something that isn't there, but it's not sure what it wants to see either. Perhaps it'd be clearer if the top stem of the "C" was behind the "I" and the bottom was in front (a la the Twins' "TC" logo) or if the "C" was completely behind the "I".

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

--------------------

The filled plackets are an interesting choice. Did you have any reasoning for that design element?

I don't dislike Chief Wahoo, but your dreamcatcher idea is top notch. If the team used these logos, I wouldn't oppose that either. Good stuff. The only thing that bothers me is the interlocked "C-I". My brain wants to see something that isn't there, but it's not sure what it wants to see either. Perhaps it'd be clearer if the top stem of the "C" was behind the "I" and the bottom was in front (a la the Twins' "TC" logo) or if the "C" was completely behind the "I".

My reason for the plackets goes back to the red placket look the Indians sported in the 30s. More than anything I've noticed that the AL's uniform history isn't nearly as innovative as the NL's IMO. Although I'm trying to use unique solutions for every team, it seems the plackets are going to go, as per the general consensus regarding them.

I say ditch the plackets as well, but definitely keep the cream homes! I also like the sunday alt better as a primary.

Earlier in this series you were doing more colors on the road uni's it seemed. I think this would be a good opp to do something other than grey roads, incorporating more of the brown into a road color instead of grey.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

--------------------

My reason for the plackets goes back to the red placket look the Indians sported in the 30s. More than anything I've noticed that the AL's uniform history isn't nearly as innovative as the NL's IMO. Although I'm trying to use unique solutions for every team, it seems the plackets are going to go, as per the general consensus regarding them.

I love this concept, the only thing I would change is teh plackets and go to the piping that you have on the alternate. I might even make the alternate a vest. What do you think?

Archived