Bohob's MLB Redesign Project

bohob

I think that new A/snake's head logo is great! I also like the diamonds down the side of the pants. Anyone know why MLB teams don't do anything creative with pants besides a stripe or two?

ujsignature.png

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#13 SAN DIEGO PADRES

For starters, the color scheme is primarily brown and yellow with orange accents. The primary logo features the swinging friar, as does the tertiary. The friar has been slightly updated so the outline is a little more consistent between the robe and the rest of it. It also features a glow by utilizing the orange and yellow double outline. The wordmarks are new and they match, which is something new. I kept the SD logo, as well as the numerals because I think they work with the new wordmarks. Now on to the uniforms, The homes feature a brown cap with a yellow brim and a yellow SD outlined in orange. The sleeves are brown in a raglan cut with yellow/orange/yellow faux-v-neck trim. The home aly is brown with yellow sleeves. The roads feature a color similar to the Astros butter color, a color I like to call lemon. The road caps are brown with an orange button. The Sunday Alt. is an all-yellow uniform, which is a tribute to their history. It features a cap with the yellow triangle on the front, but this version also has a yellow bill, which I think flows better. The crest is the SD logo. I thought about adding front numbers, but it seemed that there is already enough going on. The BP cap is yellow with a brown brim and the BP jersey features the swinging friar. C&C is greatly appreciated. Speak on it!

padres_id.jpg

padres_home.jpg

padres_away.jpg

padres_bp.jpg

Love what you did with the logos. They're perfect.

Really like the home jersey with the colored sleeves.

Really hate the all yellow uniform, I feel like I'd have to pee a lot if I saw that on TV haha.

Great job on this one though.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Really nice work here. The custom wordmarks and integration of orange really work well. The home jersey is nice and clean, and the Sunday Alt, while ugly, is still amazing and creative. I like this all around, and look forward to the Dodgers.

scotland_fifasig.png

#14 LOS ANGELES DODGERS

Overall, I wanted to integrate some of the rich Dodgers history, although a good chunk of it is from Brooklyn. Let's start with the primary logo. I added a diamond reminiscent of the 1912 Dodgers into the current logo. The hat LA stays the same of course, and the tertiary is a hybrid of the two. The uniforms have changed, naturally. The red front number is now blue. I realize this may be considered blasphemy, but IMO tradition is no excuse for bad design. There was no red anywhere else on the uniforms. It had to change. Also, I generally feel that uniforms of the "blank" template (no piping, trim, etc.) are a missed opportunity for design. I do think they are appropriate in one capacity: the Sunday Alt, as a throwback style. The homes feature piping in the style of this uniform, as do the roads. The Sunday Alt is the "blank" style, but it is accompanied by a white hat similar to what they wore c. 1926. C & C is appreciated.

dodgers_id.jpg

dodgers_home.jpg

dodgers_away.jpg

dodgers_bp.jpg

As much as I love the Dodgers current unis, these are perfect for what you're trying to accomplish. Really clean, and the basic traditional look is kept with some nice tweaks. I'd go with just one line on the pants piping, as it fits better with the overall look. Also, why do the lines on the diamond on the primary logo overlap? Any real reason? Nice work here.

scotland_fifasig.png

just one thing: you need red numbers on the front of the jersey, then this will be perfect.

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

Very nice job. I especially like the white cap. I also think the primary and tertiary logos work well. I'd like the see the primary rather than the tertiary on the BP though so it doesn't look like such a repeat of the cap logo. Also wanted to say although this is the first one I've commented on I'm enjoying this series. Keep up the good work.

mets.png

I like this a lot. You kept some of the "classic" elements from the past, while making changes for the better. I like that you got rid of the red number, that has always bothered me. The jerseys are fantastic as well. My only suggestion with this set is to create a trolley logo. I mean after all they are the "trolley dodgers", and I've always wanted to see someone try it. I think you could pull it off. Nice job on all concepts so far, this is probably one of my favorite MLB series.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

As much as I love the Dodgers current unis, these are perfect for what you're trying to accomplish. Really clean, and the basic traditional look is kept with some nice tweaks. I'd go with just one line on the pants piping, as it fits better with the overall look. Also, why do the lines on the diamond on the primary logo overlap? Any real reason? Nice work here.

The lines overlap as a reference to this logo.

I'd like the see the primary rather than the tertiary on the BP though so it doesn't look like such a repeat of the cap logo.

I'm not sure I follow. So, LA on the jersey, and LA on the cap?

My only suggestion with this set is to create a trolley logo. I mean after all they are the "trolley dodgers", and I've always wanted to see someone try it. I think you could pull it off.

Interesting idea. I never knew the roots on the name.

It looks awesome, but...

Ya gotta keep the red number. The Dodgers were the first team to ever have numbers on the front of the jersey, and they've been red throughout the history of them. It's almost like removing pinstripes from the Yankees. It's up there, definately in the Top 5, of "untouchable" MLB jersey traditions.

But everything else looks fantastic. I've always liked the piping-less aspect and history of the Dodgers' uniforms, but this really does look nice. And as far as a Trolley logo; yes, they're named in reference to "Trolley Dodgers" of Brooklyn, but Trolley's aren't really prominent in LA, if there are any at all (someone can confirm this for me). Their name is now a lot like the Lakers; something that is definately relevent to their original location, but not to their current location, so therefore, the logos are usually rather generic, and artistically based on script and wordmarks/monograms/equipment used in their respective sport (baseball, bat, basketball, etc..) than physical objects which the name represents.

It looks awesome, but...

Ya gotta keep the red number. The Dodgers were the first team to ever have numbers on the front of the jersey, and they've been red throughout the history of them. It's almost like removing pinstripes from the Yankees. It's up there, definately in the Top 5, of "untouchable" MLB jersey traditions.

But everything else looks fantastic. I've always liked the piping-less aspect and history of the Dodgers' uniforms, but this really does look nice. And as far as a Trolley logo; yes, they're named in reference to "Trolley Dodgers" of Brooklyn, but Trolley's aren't really prominent in LA, if there are any at all (someone can confirm this for me). Their name is now a lot like the Lakers; something that is definately relevent to their original location, but not to their current location, so therefore, the logos are usually rather generic, and artistically based on script and wordmarks/monograms/equipment used in their respective sport (baseball, bat, basketball, etc..) than physical objects which the name represents.

Interesting perspective, McCall...and phrased better than I could have put it.

Also of note in reference to the red numbers is that, at a distance, it helps differentiate the Dodgers' jerseys (uniforms?) from those of the KC Royals, whose are virtually identical to the Dodgers.

Other than that, I agree with pretty much everyone else in that this is a perfectly acceptable update (tweak?) of the Dodgers' uniforms.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived