Bohob's MLB Redesign Project

bohob

TBH, you should just use three colors in this, not 4 (as in get rid of the darker blue). I think right now it looks forced, and it seems like you're trying too hard in the uniforms to make sure all the colors are accounted for. That makes it seem forced and it doesn't flow at all because there's three different colors (purple, light blue, dark blue) "fighting" for a position on the uniform.

That's the only thing bugging me, I love everything else.

start with getting rid of the dark aqua/blue color- it is unnecessary. i do like that tertiary logo.

Chestnutz, and Cola, thanks for the honesty. I was trying to work in the third color because of the more complex style of the type, but I will simplify that aspect to eliminate the third color (dark blue). I should have that taken care of and up by tonight, as well as the Giants. (Yay! The NL will be done. :D )

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#16 SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS

The NL is done! The logos didn't change much, except the tertiary has been edited to be more consistent with the rest of the set. A black hat with an orange brim has been added for the Sunday Alt. The sleeve striping and neck trim has been moved a off the edge of the jersey to give the uniform a more throwback look. The sleeve stripes are also thicker by two stripes. The home jerseys are still cream and now feature a name on the back. The patch on the sleeve is the tertiary instead of the primary. I never understood why the home said GIANTS twice while the SF patch was on the roads. The road features the SF crest and the primary logo as a sleeve patch. The home alt and road alt feature orange script and numbers with a black outline and a gold shadow. The Sunday Alt. is an all-black uniform with a large SF on the sleeve, a throwback to the 1911 New York Giants.

C&C is greatly appreciated.

giants_id.jpg

giants_home.jpg

giants_away.jpg

giants_bp.jpg

I don't think that throwback works. It looks very ugly here, and I would imagine it would look even worse on the field. Plus, how would the players like to play in all black uniforms in the middle of the day on Sunday with the (I know San Fran's isn't that intense, but) California heat. Not just that either, but those would probably get a lot of scrutiny through the media. And we thought the McDonald's Drive Thru (yes, ESPN reference) unis got bashed...

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

This is absolute beauty. Top to bottom, perfection. The new sleeve patch is great, the alternate home and road are great, I love the new piping, and the throwback alt is a stroke of genius. That looks truly badass. Wow. I like the overall simplicity of your entire set; you kept it clean, but improved it a ton by changing the little things.

The Rockies update is great. That's a wonderful color scheme, and innovative uniform design. I especially like the Sunday alt. Nice balance of color there. Excellent job here, too!

scotland_fifasig.png

Plus, how would the players like to play in all black uniforms in the middle of the day on Sunday with the (I know San Fran's isn't that intense, but) California heat.

Average High Temperatures in San Francisco, CA

April: 63º F

May: 65º F

June: 68º F

July: 69º F

August: 70º F

September: 73º F

October: 70º F

San Francisco is generally quite temperate.

A jersey with nothing on it?????????

Nothing? No, it has an SF on the sleeve and a number on the back. :D Isn't that really all you need on a jersey? The Yankees only have one logo and one jersey number on the primary home jersey.

A baseball uniform in any league with nothing on the front is going to be quite odd...and probably viewed as plain or that the team is cheap. A city/nickname across the front chest, a logo on the pocket area, or something of that nature is just expected. Totally bare, even with a sleeve patch, is not expected.

I also just don't think the all black would fly in the MLB or other professional levels. The most you can get away with (other than all grey or white) is something like a cream color or light blue in your Rockies concept. Just my opinion on that.

#17 ANAHEIM ANGELS

This one, like Colorado is a total re-brand. This has a lot to do with the fact that when I looked through their uniform history, there wasn't much other than the halo caps and 80s v-neck jerseys. Naturally, I had to turn to other sources for inspiration. I was somewhat influenced by elliot's Angels concept, but I think I took enough steps to make this my own. The colors are scarlet, orange (for the O.C.), and baby blue. The primary logo is an A with a halo and wings combined with the wordmark. I used the Tuscan font to draw comparison to the club's early days, as well as give the uniforms a bit more of a "timeless" feel. The secondary is the A by itself, and the tertiary is essentially a sleeve patch. The home uniforms feature red hats with an orange halo, as well as orange-red-orange trim on the sleeves. The home alt is a red jersey with orange-white-orange trim. The roads feature a light blue hat and orange-red-orange trim. The road alts are red with orange-baby blue-orange trim. The Sunday alt features a white hat with an orange halo, as well as "racing stripes on the jerseys and pants. I'm not sure who will be next because I'm going to Iowa for the Midwest League All Star Game, so I'll be out for roughly the next week, but it will be either Oakland or Seattle. C&C is always appreciated, so do it up!

angels_id.jpg

angels_home.jpg

angels_away.jpg

angels_bp.jpg

The yellow and blue seem to be competing. I think it would be better if you focused on one of those with the red and white.

Agreed. I say ditch the orange, because I absolutely love the red and powder blue color scheme. Everything else looks good, just eliminate orange.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Just when I thought this series couldn't have gotten more creative, it did. This identity fits the Angels SO much more than their current one. The logo is an absolute thing of beauty, I love the red and powder blue color scheme (though the orange feels extraneous on everything except for the logos), and the powder blue roadies look great. I love the font, and (as always) the Sunday alt is great. That said, there are a couple of critiques I have. For one, as said before, the orange feels extraneous. It kind of clutters things up a little, and while it looks great on the primary logo, it doesn't work so well on the wordmarks. Also, on the road alts the writing is bordering on illegible. It's not so bad on the home alts, but the powder blue writing trimmed in orange and white is a little much. That said, this is amazing work. A beautiful new logo set and the uniforms to match...nice job.

scotland_fifasig.png

the A looks really strange to me. you may want to make the bumps less noticeable or change the font somehow

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

Really love it, except the colors. I hate orange and red together, and orange just seems unnecessary. I think if you ditched that, maybe replaced it with gray or yellow even, it'd be a lot better. Maybe darken the colors a tad too. With a name like Angels, it already sounds pretty girly, but with baby blue and a light red it adds to it more. Just sayin.

I'll agree with JDayton and say the A looks a bit off. I think you could make the points a little less obvious.

Top notch work though.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Archived