Bohob's MLB Redesign Project

bohob

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#20 SEATTLE MARINERS

OK… so I would still like comments regarding Texas, but I was too excited about this one to keep from putting it up. First off, the color scheme is navy, slate, lime, and spring green. The new primary logo is Poseidon's head with the script under it. I brought back the M trident for the cap logo. The tertiary is a partial of the primary. The homes emphasize navy and lime on white, while the roads feature navy and slate on spring green. The Sunday Alt uses a two-tone cap, a navy placket and navy stripes. C&C is greatly appreciated, so let me know what you think, especially on the Poseidon logo.

mariners_id.jpg

mariners_home.jpg

mariners_away.jpg

mariners_bp.jpg

Wow, that set looks fantastic! Seriously, that just might be my favorite baseball concept this year. The colors are beautiful and work together nicely. The Poseidon head is great as well. Really nice job on this, the only thing I don't love is the color of the roads. It might be kind of an eyesore to watch, but I like that you tried something different.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Wow! Simply. Wow!

I only dislike the the green alts.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

I like the Seattle rebrand for the most part. The only thing I'd like to see changed are the wordmarks on the jerseys and the color of the road jersey. I would prefer to see a gray road jersey (the green just isn't doing it for me) and I'd also prefer to see the wordmarks arched instead of being in that wavy style.

Backtracking to the Rangers set, I dig the logos. Excellent work there. However, the way you have the wordmarks (TexaS and RangerS) looks weird on the jerseys The end letters command too much attention that it throws it off balance in a sense. The updated uniforms with the outline is a downgrade to the original version you had.

With the Mariners, I'm not feeling it. Not counting the "bad luck trident" logo, the wave effect wordmark just doesn't look natural on the jersey. Props for thinking outside the box on the colors. I'm not floored by them, but I could dig 'em. Finally, Posideon's hair on his right side looks funny because it just ends. His left side you see a natural end to his locks, I think you need to achieve a similar effect on his other side to be more complete as a stand alone logo.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Wow, if the Mariners went with this and the NY Islanders went with the fisherman logo they had in the mid-90's, my two favorite teams would have the same logo. :D

fisherman.gif

Yeah, I was looking at that for the perspective. I thought I did enough to make it my own, but I guess not. I will work on the nose and hopefully that will move mine away from the Isles logo.

There are some things I really like about your Mariners work, but I think I'm going to be in the minority about a lot of this...

First, I've been following your concepts so I know what you like to do with the road colors, but that green is just too pale and (sorry) ugly to use so much of it (in my most humble of opinions, of course). Also, while I like the typeface (Interceptor, I think?), the lack of serifs on the top of the M leads to it looking out of proportion and small when it's out front. Right now, the "Mariners" wordmark has very little negative space, except right at the beginning with that M. What would it look like if you made the M in "Mariners" slightly bigger than the rest of the letters to compensate?

Finally, while I love the M-Trident logo as a cap mark, I'm not really feeling the Poseidon logo. It's a very nice logo and it's fantastically rendered and presented, it just doesn't quite feel like a Major League Baseball look to me. Also, I can see how Poseidon could work as a representation of "Mariners," but I still think of a navigator or sea captain (something human) first.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Great stuff here. The Rangers look great, and although I love their current font I see what you're going for here. I also approve of the focus on blue; looks pretty nice in my humble opinion. The Mariners concept is stunning. I'm not sure it's what I'd like them to wear (I guess that kind of contradicts my last statement, but I think it works really well as a concept at least), but the Poseidon logo is amazingly done. The colors are nice, the wordmarks are well done, and (as per usual) the Sunday alternate is amazing. I've always loved solid-colored plackets. The color of the roadies is unique, and I think I like it. Great work here!

scotland_fifasig.png

#20 SEATTLE MARINERS: UPDATE #2

Here's what's changed:

? The wordmarks have a less drastic wave and the M in Mariners is slightly larger.

? Poseidon's nose is now more Roman-style.

Epi, I understand what you are saying regarding the hair, but I was thinking of it in terms of the hair on the left side terminates at the shoulder, whereas you wouldn't see the shoulder on the right side, so only the shorter hair towards the front would be visible. At least that's the way I'm seeing it.

mariners_id3.jpg

mariners_home3.jpg

mariners_away3.jpg

mariners_bp3.jpg

Did you intentionally look to the MLS teams for color inspiration for Houston, Seattle and Colorado?

Absolutely not. For Houston, I looked to their history. For Colorado, I used one of their current colors (albeit a different shade) and light blue, which is more comparable to the Utah Jazz than the Rapids. And for Seattle, I think the scheme I chose is closer to the Seahawks colors, than the Sounders.

#21 NEW YORK YANKEES

This one is more of an tweak than an overhaul. The main objective here was consistency. I made the primary logo use colors consistent with the uniforms. I only used the NY logo from the caps. The tertiary is a sleeve patch for the Sunday Alt. I know the Yankees are thought of as a "one cap team" but that is so boring. I felt it was necessary to make the NY on the road cap grey since I removed the white from the road jerseys. The Sunday Alt cap is from the 1910s. The home primary uniform didn't change too much. I used the cap NY instead of the current jersey NY. The roads feature pinstriped, consistent with the Yankees nickname, "The Pinstripes". The Sunday Alt uniform is a throwback to the 1910s, but with the sleeve patch added. C&C it up!

yankees_id.jpg

yankees_home.jpg

yankees_away.jpg

yankees_bp.jpg

Archived