Portland Timbers and Vancouver Whitecaps?

Mingjai

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^^

Looks nice, but I doubt it is the real logo. The team was just announced a week ago, no way do they have the uniforms and logo all set. It is probably just a concept put together buy somebody.

saBS.png

Neither can I.

I think it's more PR than actual contest. From what I've read of Whitecaps fans, they're about as crazy for the current name as fans in Seattle and Portland were for theirs.

Besides, moving all three clubs into MLS is just too elegant to blow with rebranding.

having two clubs with the same name in two leagues is kind of ass backwards to me. Either pick a new name, change the USL club's name, dissolve the USL franchises, or switch to a freakin' relegation/promotion system for cryin' out loud.

this thread will explode in 3...2...1...

OD_Signature.jpg

having two clubs with the same name in two leagues is kind of ass backwards to me. Either pick a new name, change the USL club's name, dissolve the USL franchises, or switch to a freakin' relegation/promotion system for cryin' out loud.

I assumed the Whitecaps USL club would be dissolved as of the move date??

zzPEfBm.png

Seattle folded its USL team. I believe the same is supposed to happen with Portland and Vancouver

• 2 weeks later...
Now that the MLS has officially gone Northwest (which would have completely surprised me 2 months ago), is there any word of Vancouver and Portland will change their identities when they enter the league? I image the Whitecaps and Timbers names will stay, but I think both of these logos could stand some modification:

Vancouver_Whitecaps.jpgtimbers_logo_200x.jpg

While the Timbers logo provides a good foundation and maybe just needs a little modernization, I wouldn't be sad to see the Whitecaps logo go the way of the dodo. Not only does it look pretty generic, it also falls in the trap into which many other sports logos fall--the unnecessary inclusion of a soccer ball (like baseballs in MLB logos or basketballs in NBA logos).

If the two teams are going to be rivals of the Seattle Sounders, they should at least be able to rival the logo:

SeattleSoundersFC.png

Geez, are all three teams going to wear green?

Archived