Premier League Title Race

heernumurr

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was spared the torture of watching the ManU vs. Liverpool match last week, but once I saw the score I said, "I'd hate to be Fulham, because ManU are going to crush them." Little did I know that 4-1 to Liverpool was just foreshadowing the upcoming United collapse.

...I can't watch.

::shields eyes::

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

It should be real fun to watch the EPL go down to the wire. I`m a gunner fan hoping to see Liverpool win it all. Hopefully Cesc and the boys can play spoilers to Man U on May 16th.

Also we might be in for another all EPL Champs League Final. Man Utd should move comfortably into the Semi`s against Porto, Arsenal not so sure. But counting Liverpool or Chelsea, at least 2 English teams should move to the Semis.

Well, Chelsea and ManU opened the door, and Liverpool have stormed through it. Leading Aston Villa 5-0 in the 69th minute, I think it's safe to say that they'll be only a point back of the Red Devils at this late juncture. Even though I'm an Arsenal fan, I'd be ecstatic to see Liverpool win ? or really anyone besides Chelsea or ManU.

The only thing wrong with Liverpool's win is that I decided to start Jussi Jaaskelainen in goal for my fantasy team v West Brom instead of Pepe Reina. C'est la vie. Gerrard's hat trick more than makes up for that.

Also we might be in for another all EPL Champs League Final. Man Utd should move comfortably into the Semi`s against Porto, Arsenal not so sure. But counting Liverpool or Chelsea, at least 2 English teams should move to the Semis.

The Gunners are peaking (not to mention, finally mostly healthy) at the perfect time of the season; they should beat Villarreal in the CL quarters. And Liverpool's waxing of Villa helped Arsenal tighten their grip on fourth place and the last English berth in next year's CL as well.

They've also made the FA Cup "Final Four" for the first time in several years and play Chelsea, whom they've already beaten once this year in the PL. The Gunners could actually pull off a double this year, something I would never have guessed just two months ago.

CCSLC signature.png

I'm just hoping the Magpies can starve off relegation a team like Newcastle with all that tradition doesn't belong in the Coca-Cola Championship same with Middlesbrough.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I'm just hoping the Magpies can starve off relegation a team like Newcastle with all that tradition doesn't belong in the Coca-Cola Championship same with Middlesbrough.

It's not all that long ago that both these teams were in the old First Division. I kind of feel they've hung around down at the bottom for too long, relegation might be the best thing to clear out some of the horrible players they've accumulated over the last couple of seasons.

We would have said the same thing about teams like Leeds United or Charlton Athletic a few years ago.

Newcastle would be getting exactly what it deserves if it goes down.

Newcastle would be getting exactly what it deserves if it goes down.

True they've had the chances to build up and they have such crappy ownership maybe a year or two down in the second division wouldn't hurt.

It's the old "Too big to go down" argument, something I think Leeds definately finished off. People around here seem to have gradually realised that the team just isn't big any more, and will probably have a few more years in the Football League before they have a chance at the Premier League again. It's not new though, just look at where two-time European Cup winners Nottingham Forest have been for a while now. Other current big PL teams like West Ham and Man City have also found themselves down there quite recently, and probably came back stronger for it.

. Other current big PL teams like West Ham and Man City have also found themselves down there quite recently, and probably came back stronger for it.

West Ham? I think you mean West Brom.City certainly came back stronger by gaining promotion to the prem a year later.

The Right will always be wrong,

Conservatives-Dragging the world kicking and screaming into the 19th century.

Possible confusion here-I was referring to City's season in (the now) League One as most of the post was about the current position of the once mighty Leeds in that division and twice European Cup Winners Forest recent spell there.

The Right will always be wrong,

Conservatives-Dragging the world kicking and screaming into the 19th century.

Possible confusion here-I was referring to City's season in (the now) League One as most of the post was about the current position of the once mighty Leeds in that division and twice European Cup Winners Forest recent spell there.

Ah, I see now. Yeah, West Ham didn't go down that far, but I do feel that they came back stronger. I should get my brother to post on this (he lurks around these boards), he's a huge West Ham fan.

Would be interested to know the teams that you guys see as "deserving" of being in the Premiership, not on the strength of their game or squad, but on history and reputation. I've always felt Birmingham and Wolves should be there, but have never seemed to make it stick when they are. On the other hand, Wigan have done well in cementing their place, but I just don't see them as a top flight club.

I suppose what I'm asking in a way is, if the Premier League were to move to a franchise system, who would be in?

Ah, I see now. Yeah, West Ham didn't go down that far, but I do feel that they came back stronger. I should get my brother to post on this (he lurks around these boards), he's a huge West Ham fan.

Would be interested to know the teams that you guys see as "deserving" of being in the Premiership, not on the strength of their game or squad, but on history and reputation. I've always felt Birmingham and Wolves should be there, but have never seemed to make it stick when they are. On the other hand, Wigan have done well in cementing their place, but I just don't see them as a top flight club.

I suppose what I'm asking in a way is, if the Premier League were to move to a franchise system, who would be in?

Personally I think it would be way to tough to do and that's what makes the EPL so great no league playoffs but teams fight to stave off relegation and that's what is great about this league but if you were planing on doing just 20 teams with no relegation it's a must you have the clubs that founded the Premier League no matter how bad or how good they are so that means.

10 Founding Members

Arsenal

Aston Villa

Blackburn

Chelsea

Everton

Liverpool

Manchester City

Manchester United

Middlesbrough

Tottenham