Premier League Title Race

heernumurr

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Though we could go really hypothetical and mention what a European Superleague would consist of...

Well, it would depend upon the criteria. Still, based upon history, sustained success, current competitiveness, market size, etcetera, here are some teams - off the top of my head - that I would think warrant membership consideration...

AC Milan

Ajax

Arsenal

Barcelona

Bayern Munich

Celtic

Chelsea

Inter Milan

Juventus

Liverpool

Manchester United

Olympique de Marseille

Paris Saint-Germain

Porto

Rangers

Real Madrid

Sporting CP

Just something to get the debate started.

You would have to include PSV Eindhoven in any discussion of a European "Super" League

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Though we could go really hypothetical and mention what a European Superleague would consist of...

Well, it would depend upon the criteria. Still, based upon history, sustained success, current competitiveness, market size, etcetera, here are some teams - off the top of my head - that I would think warrant membership consideration...

AC Milan

Ajax

Arsenal

Barcelona

Bayern Munich

Celtic

Chelsea

Inter Milan

Juventus

Liverpool

Manchester United

Olympique de Marseille

Paris Saint-Germain

Porto

Rangers

Real Madrid

Sporting CP

You would have to include PSV Eindhoven in any discussion of a European "Super" League

I agree. you'd have to include PSV Eindhoven. Without them this list seems incomplete.

jNTsTyQ.png

If that's the case it's about time. Got the impression he was too happy with his new career as a pundit, but he's finally caved in then.

I fully expect him to do well for a short period and then crash horribly, i just severly doubt his potential management capabilities.

But the Geordies will love every second of this.

If that's the case it's about time. Got the impression he was too happy with his new career as a pundit, but he's finally caved in then.

I fully expect him to do well for a short period and then crash horribly, i just severly doubt his potential management capabilities.

But the Geordies will love every second of this.

I get the feeling that this is kind of a no lose situation for Shearer, if they get relegated, its not his fault, if they stay up he is a hero. Shearer is a smart bloke, so wouldn't risk everything on it. It would be interesting to see what he does if the Magpies go down.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

True enough.

It was well known that he was deeply suspicious of Newcastle's ownership structure - wonder what changed?

I think the last couple of times the job became vacant, Mike Ashley was actively looking to sell the club, he isn't any longer (for now at least), so Shearer probably figured that it wouldn't be a case of going in there and then being fired for non football reasons.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

United 3 - Villa 2 on a 93rd minute strike from a 17 year old reserve player making his prem debut.....

This was the best football match I have EVER watched.

Ronaldo's second goal cost me a win in my fantasy league this week and knocked me out of first place, so forgive me if I don't feel the same way. :P

AC Milan

Ajax

Arsenal

Barcelona

Bayern Munich

Celtic

Chelsea

Inter Milan

Juventus

Liverpool

Manchester United

Olympique de Marseille

Paris Saint-Germain

Porto

Rangers

Real Madrid

Sporting CP

I agree. you'd have to include PSV Eindhoven. Without them this list seems incomplete.

I think Lyon deserves to be in before PSV. I'd say get rid of PSG and put in Lyon.

1zqy8ok.gif

United 3 - Villa 2 on a 93rd minute strike from a 17 year old reserve player making his prem debut.....

This was the best football match I have EVER watched.

MACHEDA!!!!!!

I like how the game commentator kept implying that the ref added five minutes of stoppage time because Sir Alex Ferguson was tapping his watch. People are really buying into Rafa Benitez' conspiracy theory aren't they?

People have been pulling that line out for ages. I remember one game in particular the first year United won the league after not winning it for ages (was that 1993?) United were playing a game against Sheffeld Wednesday (I think it was) and were either 1-0 or 2-0 down going into injury time. United scored twice in injury time, kept themselves in the championship race and so the myth began!

What United under Ferguson have always been good at is playing up to the final whistle, remember the 1999 Champions League Final? Again 1-0 down going into injury time, and they pull out a win. That's United. Its what they do.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived