Washington Wizards Logo Concept

MDC

I posted a Phoenix Suns Logo concept a couple of weeks ago, and it was pretty decently recieved, so I set out to take a stab at another NBA franchise, the washington Wizards. To say the least, their logo is well, different. It is a bunch of random shapes that somehow ended up looking somewhat like a person. I think my logo definitely gives a more wizardly feel. it might be a little too wizardly, but I think it gets the point across.

So, what i did was draw out the concept on paper. My drawing skills are far better than my computer drawing skills. I then imported it to my computer and did my best to recreate it. If you want the original drawing, I could probably get it up here. I like the silhouette i used because it feels mysterious and dark, hence the black, which I used more of in this concept. I kept the script they have, because I think it is actually pretty nice.

On the secondary logo, i just kept the DC logo they have now. I think it is a great logo, and whenever I tried playing around with it, I just made it worse.

Anyway, here it is:

WizardsFinal.png

C&C would be well appreciated, I want this to become really good.

Also let me know if I should do uniforms, i would need a template though....

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

It looks really incomplete. The wizard hat is a decent idea, but it's just sitting on a faceless man, which is boring and the sillouhette of the nose and mouth isn't dynamic at all. It just looks like you were trying to fit too many elements into the primary and it came out looking like it needs a lot of work.

It looks really incomplete. The wizard hat is a decent idea, but it's just sitting on a faceless man, which is boring and the sillouhette of the nose and mouth isn't dynamic at all. It just looks like you were trying to fit too many elements into the primary and it came out looking like it needs a lot of work.

Is there anyway of putting a team in Washington and not have the colors be red white and blue at one point...the redskins I think are the only exception. I never really liked the name Wizards anyway.

As for the concept. Some like that could work. He need long hair and a face though. Like this:

Albus_Dumbledore.jpg

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Alright thanks guys. I'll try fixing it up sometime soon. It might not come out looking too good, but I can try

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Also let me know if I should do uniforms, i would need a template though....

Do you use ms paint? If so, vmd9 posted a great template in the paint users thread.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

My biggest problem with the current Wiz set is that it looks too rinky dink... and no offense to you but your concept kind of continues the trend. I don't think they'll be able to pull of a good logo set/word mark until they completely rename the franchise. I really wish they'd somehow get the ok to go back to the Bullets, but I don't see that happening.

123xa2.png

My biggest problem with the current Wiz set is that it looks too rinky dink... and no offense to you but your concept kind of continues the trend. I don't think they'll be able to pull of a good logo set/word mark until they completely rename the franchise. I really wish they'd somehow get the ok to go back to the Bullets, but I don't see that happening.

unless ownership changes

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

I think a straight-on wizard's face would look good..... if you were able to pull it off.

The wizard face sucks.

My biggest pet peeve is people who do this. :mad: It is very rude and discouraging to the designer of the logo if you don't have anything better to say than "it sucks". It doesn't do anything to help them improve it so it doesn't suck anymore. I assume you wouldn't want anybody to give you this type of c&c, so please do not do it to anyone else, understood?

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

This needs a lot of work. First off, the line around the entire head looks default. It is the same, way too thin size around the entire head, and it does nothing to highlight or add shape to the logo. The head also has issues. It can look dark and mysterious without blacking the whole thing out. Right now it's a giant black severed head. A beard would definitely help with this by giving you a logical point to terminate the head at, instead of using a flat line that makes the head look like it was chopped off. Finally, the wordmark, which doesn't match any part of the logo you created. I understand wanting some carry over, but make the new pieces match it stylistically.

The wizard face sucks.

I'm glad you like my work. :P

More proof that concepts that need alot of work will always garner more comments than concepts that are actually solid.

I'm really not surprised with this, if my logo needs more work it is nice to hear opinions from a lot of other people about how they think I can improve on it. If a concept is brilliant to start, there isnt much to say except for "That is great work" and that doesnt need too much reiterating.

That being said, I have an update, a very different looking update.

I decided to go with the suggestions and go with a head-on look of the wizard guy. I also added quite a beard, it may be a bit too detailed. I took out the moons and stars on the helmet, wouldnt want copyright issues. I think this really gives it integrity, and hopefully would give the team integrity, something they really could use.

Wizardslogopartial.png

Give me some feedback on how it looks, and where I should add a wizards script, or if i should just take a break from this and stop lol.

sigpurp.png

The wizard face sucks.

I'm glad you like my work. :P

More proof that concepts that need alot of work will always garner more comments than concepts that are actually solid.

I'm really not surprised with this, if my logo needs more work it is nice to hear opinions from a lot of other people about how they think I can improve on it. If a concept is brilliant to start, there isnt much to say except for "That is great work" and that doesnt need too much reiterating.

That being said, I have an update, a very different looking update.

I decided to go with the suggestions and go with a head-on look of the wizard guy. I also added quite a beard, it may be a bit too detailed. I took out the moons and stars on the helmet, wouldnt want copyright issues. I think this really gives it integrity, and hopefully would give the team integrity, something they really could use.

Wizardslogopartial.png

Give me some feedback on how it looks, and where I should add a wizards script, or if i should just take a break from this and stop lol.

Or... You could have the good-to-pretty-good concepts that go completely unnoticed.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived