Washington Wizards Logo Concept

MDC

Or... You could have the good-to-pretty-good concepts that go completely unnoticed.

Thats true, yeah, a lot of that quality stuff does go unnoticed, but I think it is important to have that amount of feedback on a concept that isnt really top-notch

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

The second version is a big improvement, but it still looks too hand-drawn to be considered a logo. Try making a new layer over the first drawing, and redoing the logo to make it look more stylized, more streamlined. And the hat looks a little more like a pilgrim than a wizard, haha. But you're on the right track, keep goin.

The second version is a big improvement, but it still looks too hand-drawn to be considered a logo. Try making a new layer over the first drawing, and redoing the logo to make it look more stylized, more streamlined. And the hat looks a little more like a pilgrim than a wizard, haha. But you're on the right track, keep goin.

^Agreed completely.

btw I love your 311 sig. Chazberg haha

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

Chazberg hit the nail on the head. I would take your basic idea into a new direction style-wise. I would spend some time sketching with a pencil and paper, this lets you think about all the little details of the logo. Spend some time looking at professional logos that you like. Think about how they are built up with shapes placed on top of shapes, not drawn out shapes with outlines on them. I hope you know what I mean. Cut down the details and make it work with no frills. If you can get a great face and hat shape worked out first, the shading will come naturally. I commend you on your work so far because I know for a fact I cannot make human faces for crap. I feel like if you keep pushing yourself you will get this fairly well. Good luck.

Archived