Colorado Rapids Shirt Sponsor

Droost

If I were to predict a sponsor for the Raps You gotta go with Coors as the first choice. Put the Coors script in maroon and the jersey might not be half bad. They have to do something the all plain front just isn't working.

... But then again, people have been saying that the Portland Timbers couldn't use Toyota because of VW's deal with the league, ignoring Glidden and Comex....

But that's the thing. Glidden and Comex have deals with specific clubs, not with the league. If VW has a deal with the entire league, which happens to include having their logo on DC United's shirts, then I could see why they wouldn't be too enthusiastic about another car company coming in.

Glidden has a league-wide deal - it is the official paint of MLS. Just as VW is the official car of MLS. The League sponsorships also included shirt sponsorships of one specific club: sure seems analogous to me.

If Chivas can then add a paint company as shirt sponsor, I don't see why Portland couldn't use a different car company as their shirt sponsor.

As stated on the league website http://web.mlsnet.com/about/partners.jsp

Official Sponsors: Aquafina, Budweiser, Chase Bank, Gatorade, Napa, Panasonic, Sierra Mist, US Soccer, Visa, VW, Dick's, XBOX 360, Glidden, Makita, American Airlines, Home Depot

Uniform Supplier: Adidas

Corporate Sponsors: Red Bull

Some MLS teams kit sponsors are not mentioned at all (i.e. Comex, Herbalife, Xango, Amigo Energy)

I think that any potential sponsorships that conflict with the league official sponsors are a no-go. Probably won't see Toyota on a Portland kit in the future, but who knows. Interesting side note, when STL gets their club, I'm sure Bud could pop up on their kits.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,Β Β (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

If I were to predict a sponsor for the Raps You gotta go with Coors as the first choice. Put the Coors script in maroon and the jersey might not be half bad. They have to do something the all plain front just isn't working.

... But then again, people have been saying that the Portland Timbers couldn't use Toyota because of VW's deal with the league, ignoring Glidden and Comex....

But that's the thing. Glidden and Comex have deals with specific clubs, not with the league. If VW has a deal with the entire league, which happens to include having their logo on DC United's shirts, then I could see why they wouldn't be too enthusiastic about another car company coming in.

Glidden has a league-wide deal - it is the official paint of MLS. ...

My apologies, I was not aware of that. I hadn't seen any Glidden advertisements or anything around fields other than Columbus that would have led me to think that.

I would argue the sponsor is coming soon or at mid season (Ex. D.C. United). It appears from MLS shop that Kansas City still has the City across their jersey, as well as Dallas, San Jose, and the Revs (team name across jersey). In addition, to purchase a Rapids authentic There is no photo unlike the other teams.

Actually, San Jose has Amway across the jersey. I hate having them as a sponsor, but it pays the bills.

I would argue the sponsor is coming soon or at mid season (Ex. D.C. United). It appears from MLS shop that Kansas City still has the City across their jersey, as well as Dallas, San Jose, and the Revs (team name across jersey). In addition, to purchase a Rapids authentic There is no photo unlike the other teams.

Sure there is. On the MLS shop site, and on the Rapids' site.

pMLB2-5630173dt.jpg1787.jpg

There's no picture yet of the long-sleeve jersey, but I don't think that has anything to do with a sponsor. They didn't have any long-sleeved jerseys ready for the team photoshoot, either.

Archived