Sign in to follow this  
Droost

Colorado Rapids Shirt Sponsor

I am watching the Chivas v. Colorado game tonight, and noticed for the first time the phrase Colorado absent from their kits. The shirts are plain in the front with the exception of a small logo over the heart. Any news and/or speculation on what sponsor might be coming on board?

Well it was gonna be the Rocky Mountain News, but we all know how that turned out.

Specultation, yes. But nothing more.

There's another thread with pics, if you like. The "Chealsea/Real Madrid leaked jerseys", which has become the de facto "new kits for 2009/2010".

They actually broadcast MLS games where you live? I don't think I have ever seen a Revolution game on tv here in Mass.

The Chicago Fire have most of their non-national TV games on local TV in the area.

They actually broadcast MLS games where you live? I don't think I have ever seen a Revolution game on tv here in Mass.

They're on WSBK 38, the Boston superstation I get here in Edmonton.

According to the Revs' website, they're shown on "TV38".

Rapids game was part of a double header on Fox Soccer Channel. I believe FSC has games every Saturday. Every game for the Sounders is Broadcast on KING throughout the Seattle area.

If I were to predict a sponsor for the Raps You gotta go with Coors as the first choice. Put the Coors script in maroon and the jersey might not be half bad. They have to do something the all plain front just isn't working.

I would argue the sponsor is coming soon or at mid season (Ex. D.C. United). It appears from MLS shop that Kansas City still has the City across their jersey, as well as Dallas, San Jose, and the Revs (team name across jersey). In addition, to purchase a Rapids authentic There is no photo unlike the other teams.

Saturday's game was on 38. Most of them are. Might not have noticed since they were in San Jose and the game started around 10:30 EST.

If I were to predict a sponsor for the Raps You gotta go with Coors as the first choice. Put the Coors script in maroon and the jersey might not be half bad. They have to do something the all plain front just isn't working.

Reports are that MLS prohibits alcohol sponsors. But then again, people have been saying that the Portland Timbers couldn't use Toyota because of VW's deal with the league, ignoring Glidden and Comex....

I was just gonna ask about that Goth.

Not sure why I'd even ponder it at this point, but I was wondering if AB would a potential sponsor for an STL kit.

Saturday's game was on 38. Most of them are. Might not have noticed since they were in San Jose and the game started around 10:30 EST.

Most of the games are definitely on WSBK now as far as I know. They have been for a couple of years at least now.

Not sure why I'd even ponder it at this point, but I was wondering if AB would a potential sponsor for an STL kit.

When STL is awarded a future franchise, I think AB would be the kit sponsor. I think the league only prohibits gambling sites and hard alcohol companies.

The MLS Golden Boot award is sponsored by Budweiser and there was a Bud patch on Galaxy kits for a few years. I'm sure beer company sponsorships are okay.

Most of the games are definitely on WSBK now as far as I know. They have been for a couple of years at least now.

Every Revs game has been televised since their inception.

When STL is awarded a future franchise, I think AB would be the kit sponsor. I think the league only prohibits gambling sites and hard alcohol companies.

The MLS Golden Boot award is sponsored by Budweiser and there was a Bud patch on Galaxy kits for a few years. I'm sure beer company sponsorships are okay.

I think beer companies would fit with the MLS guidelines. I would hate to see coors as the rapids kit sponsor though. I don't think it would fit the team well.

... But then again, people have been saying that the Portland Timbers couldn't use Toyota because of VW's deal with the league, ignoring Glidden and Comex....

But that's the thing. Glidden and Comex have deals with specific clubs, not with the league. If VW has a deal with the entire league, which happens to include having their logo on DC United's shirts, then I could see why they wouldn't be too enthusiastic about another car company coming in.

Correct.

Correct.

I use MLS web site to catch all the games. It's about $21 for the whole season.