Jaguars getting new uniforms

thewhodat

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must be the only one here who really doesn't think it's that bad of an "upgrade." The owner wanted simplicity, and that's what this is. I really don't think the new uniforms and helmets look that bad. I've certainly seen worse uniforms before, and I wouldn't even put these in my own personal "top 10 worst uniforms" list.

I think this is the EIGHTH time the Jaguars have tweaked their uniforms in the just 14 seasons in the NFL...while the Panthers have only made two tweaks in that same time period.

I'm sure they'll wind up changing these unis again after Del Rio gets fired anyway.

Here's the list, I think:

1. Dropped prototype uniforms due to lawsuit

2. Wore unis from 1995-96

3. 1997 black underarm stripe

4. 1998-01 stability

5. 2002 black alternate pants

6. 2004 black alternate pants without stripes

7. black alternate jerseys

8. Pants stripes changed in 2008

9. Now this 2009 monstrosity

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

You forgot changing the numbers in the '97 preseason because they were illegible.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I only realized the unveiling was today because a friend's AIM status (he's a Jags fan) spoke of the wretchedness of the unis. The craptasticness of this set is stunning.

Visit Blogging the Bracket, SBNation's Bracketology and College Hoops Rambling site and Follow me on Twitter

Reasonable minds can differ, but I'm right. - Jay Bilas

My only two gripes with this set are the black pants and the complete deletion of the gold (would've been a good highlight color for the jersey and pant stripes.) The only way you can call this set hideous is if you're illogically and militantly anti-piping.

cttdolphins2.png

the word mark has a gold shaddow. it is tiny and something that size on the numbers and even a thin gold piping between the two other colors on the stripes would make this uni perfect...

if someone is up for it, i wouldnt mind a mock up with just thin gold shaddowing and piping put in

Miami.png

The only way you can call this set hideous is if you're illogically and militantly anti-piping.

Or, you question the wisdom of combining a blocky, more "traditional" number font and wordmark with modern, "flashy" elements like the aforementioned piping. Or, you question the wisdom of eliminating the color Gold from the entirety of the uniform, save the logo on the helmet. Or, you question the wisdom of "simplifying" the uniform set to the level of boring.

HIDEOUS!!!

the word mark has a gold shadow. it is tiny and something that size on the numbers and even a thin gold piping between the two other colors on the stripes would make this uni perfect...

if someone is up for it, I wouldn't mind a mock up with just thin gold shadowing and piping put in

I've given some thought to toying with it. If I can get a good template of what they've done I know what I'd do with it.

cttdolphins2.png

The only way you can call this set hideous is if you're illogically and militantly anti-piping.

Or, you question the wisdom of combining a blocky, more "traditional" number font and wordmark with modern, "flashy" elements like the aforementioned piping. Or, you question the wisdom of eliminating the color Gold from the entirety of the uniform, save the logo on the helmet. Or, you question the wisdom of "simplifying" the uniform set to the level of boring.

HIDEOUS!!!

Don't forget, Brian, the complete and utter incongruity of the home and road sets.

(And...I agree with your other points.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Who'd have thought the Lions would have the better redesign?

Does that count as a Lions win?

It's a pre-season win.

Nobody gets more of those than Detroit!

When I look at these Jersey's they remind me of the U-Jersey worn by the Miami Hurricanes. Ironically, I hated them too.

UMC2660F.jpg

spacer.png

Archived