Jaguars getting new uniforms

thewhodat

how about the sacramento surge

kerwinbell.jpg

Too funny.

As for a teal Jags helmet, count me as one who would prefer they not switch away from black. I never cared for the Maniax helmet and I'm sure a real Jags teal mock up wouldn't change my mind.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As for a teal Jags helmet, count me as one who would prefer they not switch away from black. I never cared for the Maniax helmet and I'm sure a real Jags teal mock up wouldn't change my mind.

Well, the Maniax, as well as pretty much the rest of the XFL was a cluster :censored: of design. I think Hamburg pulled it off really well. I do like the Jags black helmet, but a teal helmet would be very unique, and help solve their identity crisis.

spacer.png

One of the few things that bugs me in the world of NFL logos is that teal tongue. I understand they wanted to put teal somewhere in there, but that was the wrong place. The jaguar looks ill.

Just read this from wikipedia:

The new logo became a prominent snarling Jaguars head with a teal tongue, which Weaver said was his wife's touch. He also claimed that the teal tongue came from "feeding Panthers to our Jaguars"?an obvious jab at their expansion brethren. During the Jaguars' first ever preseason game, teal-colored candies were handed out to all the fans who attended, turning their tongues a teal color just like on the logo. Additionally, raspberry lollipops were handed out by the "Candy Man" in section 142 to also turn the home fans' tongues teal.

One of the few things that bugs me in the world of NFL logos is that teal tongue. I understand they wanted to put teal somewhere in there, but that was the wrong place. The jaguar looks ill.

Just read this from wikipedia:

The new logo became a prominent snarling Jaguars head with a teal tongue, which Weaver said was his wife's touch. He also claimed that the teal tongue came from "feeding Panthers to our Jaguars"?an obvious jab at their expansion brethren. During the Jaguars' first ever preseason game, teal-colored candies were handed out to all the fans who attended, turning their tongues a teal color just like on the logo. Additionally, raspberry lollipops were handed out by the "Candy Man" in section 142 to also turn the home fans' tongues teal.

That whole candy giveaway thing actually sounds pretty amusing and clever. Never heard that story before.

msg-117798227822.jpg

jaguars-cpt.gif

In the name of all that is Holy... NO!!!

Are you kidding? That's awesome. And for the unis, more teal and gold; try to limit the black to some tasteful use of the spots. Not only would it look good, it would instantly give them a distinctive set of colors that they'd absolutely own.

Are you kidding?

About hating the Teal Jacksonville Jaguars helmet concept? No... I'm not.

That's awesome.

You're welcome to your opinion. That said, I don't share it. I feel that a Teal helmet would be overkill when paired with a Teal jersey. I much prefer the Jaguars' current Black helmet to that concept.

And for the unis, more teal and gold...

Agreed. In fact, why not simply go back to the original uniforms the Jaguars wore upon taking the field for their inaugural season. They were perfect.

Bottom line? The minute the Jaguars organization decided to jump on the "let's accentuate Black in our uniform color scheme" bandwagon, they began to slide down the slippery slope to uniform mediocrity. That said, there's no reason to reinvent the wheel; they should simply go back to their inaugural season unis.

jaguars-cpt.gif

Are you kidding? That's awesome. And for the unis, more teal and gold; try to limit the black to some tasteful use of the spots. Not only would it look good, it would instantly give them a distinctive set of colors that they'd absolutely own.

This helmet truly rocks. This over a teal jersey w/gold numbers, gold pants, minimum black trim... that'd be one of the best uniforms in the NFL.

Teal helmet + teal jerseys = too much teal.

Black helmet OR gold helmet + teal jerseys = too much AWESOME.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Teal helmet, black jersey, teal pants, black socks.

Distinctive look, plus the benefit of the always more marketable black jersey. Discuss.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Teal helmet, black jersey, teal pants, black socks.

Distinctive look, plus the benefit of the always more marketable black jersey. Discuss.

totally agreed.

though i'd slap a red tongue on the logo, if the helmet was teal.

kerwinbell.jpg

Way to pick a graphic to back up your statement.

He meant to post it in the thread discussing the alleged new Seahawks alt. Looks about the right shade. :D

Except that it's not even close.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Teal helmet + teal jerseys = too much teal.

Black helmet OR gold helmet + teal jerseys = too much AWESOME.

I always thought that, of all the 90's teal-teams, the Jags had the nicest version... nice enough that they could use a lot of it without turning your stomach. Jags, Pistons, Grizzles (that teal was horrid), Marlins, Mariners, Sharks... who am I forgeting?

At the risk of abusing our resident expert... C-werx? Am I right that most of these "teals" are pretty different?

jaguars-cpt.gif

This helmet truly rocks. This over a teal jersey w/gold numbers, gold pants, minimum black trim... that'd be one of the best uniforms in the NFL.

I was thinking of the teal helmet, teal jersey with enough gold/black leopard spots to break it up, and white pants (with a conservative stripe again incorporating the spots). I think the white pants would also make for a pretty decent monochrome white road look.

kerwinbell.jpg

He meant to post it in the thread discussing the alleged new Seahawks alt. Looks about the right shade. :D

That remark was tongue-in-cheek, my point being both are a hideous shade of green.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

kerwinbell.jpg

That remark was tongue-in-cheek, my point being both are a hideous neon green.

Right, but the Seahawks isn't close to being neon.

Don't make me call my man CWx in to settle this! I'll do it... I swear!

Archived