Jaguars getting new uniforms

thewhodat

how about the sacramento surge

kerwinbell.jpg

Way to pick a graphic to back up your statement.

He meant to post it in the thread discussing the alleged new Seahawks alt. Looks about the right shade. :D

Except that it's not even close.

That remark was tongue-in-cheek, my point being both are a hideous neon green.

Right, but the Seahawks isn't close to being neon.

Don't make me call my man CWx in to settle this! I'll do it... I swear!

Slow down, man...I realized that and amended my post like 30 seconds after I wrote it to say 'shade of' instead of 'neon'. You'd already replied. :blink:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how about the sacramento surge

kerwinbell.jpg

Way to pick a graphic to back up your statement.

He meant to post it in the thread discussing the alleged new Seahawks alt. Looks about the right shade. :D

Except that it's not even close.

That remark was tongue-in-cheek, my point being both are a hideous neon green.

Right, but the Seahawks isn't close to being neon.

Don't make me call my man CWx in to settle this! I'll do it... I swear!

Slow down, man...I realized that and amended my post like 30 seconds after I wrote it to say 'shade of' instead of 'neon'. You'd already replied. :blink:

It's cool.

What's bothering me now is that the "Kirwin Bell - Quarterback" part of that card appears to be really off-level. It's sticking out like a sore thumb. Wonder how something like that can happen.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well, I've seen the Jaguars toy diesel truck and have noticed that it was mainly teal and gold:

http://nfl.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p5820920dt.jpg

Copy and paste for what it's worth...that said, however, I hope that the Jags go with some teal/gold and relegate the black; relegating the gold would only make the Jags look more like everyone else if you ask me. Maybe gold pants, too? It could work out.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Teal helmet, black jersey, teal pants, black socks.

Distinctive look, plus the benefit of the always more marketable black jersey. Discuss.

Not bad, but I'd prefer black/teal/black/teal. It is important to have alternating colors, though.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Teal helmet, black jersey, teal pants, black socks.

Distinctive look, plus the benefit of the always more marketable black jersey. Discuss.

Not bad, but I'd prefer black/teal/black/teal. It is important to have alternating colors, though.

I am thinking that teal pants with black jerseys would be as bad as the purple/black combo the Ravens wore in there first year or two in Baltimore. I think teal jerseys with black pants would be better. I am wondering if maybe a monochrome black outfit with teal trimmings would be the best idea?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Monochrome is never the best idea.

I would normally agree. Maybe black helmet, teal shirt, black pants is the way to go?

The one hitch being that they play outdoors in Florida. I always thought the black helmet was a strange choice for a team playing in heat and sun.

I'd like to see them always wearing a combo of White/Teal or Teal/White for pants and jersey. I would like to see black de-emphasized around the league, really.

I would normally agree. Maybe black helmet, teal shirt, black pants is the way to go?

The one hitch being that they play outdoors in Florida. I always thought the black helmet was a strange choice for a team playing in heat and sun.

I'd like to see them always wearing a combo of White/Teal or Teal/White for pants and jersey. I would like to see black de-emphasized around the league, really.

Hmm well maybe, except that there is already an NFL team from Florida that uses the teal white combo. I wonder how much effect the black helmets, and black pants really have in the NFL season. I guess they might have an effect early season, but in the heat and competition of an NFL game, are the players gonna notice that sort of thing?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Hmm well maybe, except that there is already an NFL team from Florida that uses the teal white combo. I wonder how much effect the black helmets, and black pants really have in the NFL season. I guess they might have an effect early season, but in the heat and competition of an NFL game, are the players gonna notice that sort of thing?

I don't have any stats to back me up, but IMO the whole black vs. white thing is the most overrated argument that people make when talking about uniforms for Florida teams. You're right - with the amount of heat that an NFL player's body generates just from playing, any other difference is probably negligible. Add to that the fact that they constantly keep hydrated and cooled on the sidelines, and it's even more of a non-issue. Maybe it's important psychologically, but not physiologically.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, why don't we ever hear the opposite argument - that teams in cold-weather climates have a home-field advantage due to their dark jerseys trapping more sunlight and keeping them warmer on the field?

Perhaps in cold-weather climates, there isn't as much sunlight to begin with.

I saw, I came, I left.

Yeah, why don't we ever hear the opposite argument - that teams in cold-weather climates have a home-field advantage due to their dark jerseys trapping more sunlight and keeping them warmer on the field?

Perhaps in cold-weather climates, there isn't as much sunlight to begin with.

Unless you're north of the Arctic circle, where it's dark for 24hrs per day in stretches, even cold weather cities experience sunlight... sometimes even blinding sunlight. (it's just not accompanied by actual heat.)

The whole "we wear white at home because of the heat" argument has always irked me since I started watching the NFL in 1977. Doggone it, I always wanted the home team to wear their dark colors!!

These players are professional athletes who are in excellent shape, so a little bit of heat shouldn't wear them out considerably. Besides, NFL teams wearing white at home since 2002 have only won about 51% of their home games, so I just don't see any advantage to it at all.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Don't make me demonstrate how strong my pimp hand is. The Fins wear Aqua, it's a totally different color from Teal. I'd expect that people on this board would know and respect the difference.

cttdolphins2.png

From what I thought, both teal and aqua were simply matched values of green and blue, with zero red. They were just lighter / darker shades of eachother. I'm sure some color expert is going to make me look like a fool, but that's what I've always thought.

Don't make me demonstrate how strong my pimp hand is. The Fins wear Aqua, it's a totally different color from Teal. I'd expect that people on this board would know and respect the difference.

Its relatively the same, I think saying Dolphin Aqua and Jags Teal are very different is a bit like saying that baby blue and powder blue are very different. And my point is about identities of teams in Florida, and potential close rivals (AFC teams in Florida) should be as different as possible. (If it were me, I would change the Jags to just gold and black I guess in the end.)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Its relatively the same, I think saying Dolphin Aqua and Jags Teal are very different is a bit like saying that baby blue and powder blue are very different. And my point is about identities of teams in Florida, and potential close rivals (AFC teams in Florida) should be as different as possible. (If it were me, I would change the Jags to just gold and black I guess in the end.)

Jaguars Teal and Dolphins Aqua are REALLY close. I would say that the Jags' color has a little more Blue in it, while the Dolphins' color has a bit more Green.

Comparison - here are the Spot/Solid colors:

JacksonvilleJaguarsTeal_9999_SOL_SR.pngMiamiDolphinsAqua_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

In addition, here are the Textile/Fabric differences:

JacksonvilleJaguarsTeal_9999_TEX_SR.pngMiamiDolphinsAqua_9999_TEX_SRGB.png

Note the Pantone Textile color description for the Dolphins' Aqua ("Teal Green").

Archived