Jaguars getting new uniforms

thewhodat

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A lot of the things complained about on this board are specifically adressed in the long-form rules. If it were up to me, I'd be MORE draconian about the NFL uniform (significantly), not less.

As would I.

I'd enforce everything on that poster with very heavy fines.

Floggings, even. Starting with Mr. Hovan. :D

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Looks like a slightly squarish version of the Falcons font. Very close though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

A lot of the things complained about on this board are specifically adressed in the long-form rules. If it were up to me, I'd be MORE draconian about the NFL uniform (significantly), not less.

As would I.

I'd enforce everything on that poster with very heavy fines.

Floggings, even. Starting with Mr. Hovan. :D

No such leniency. You can't coddle repeat offenders.

Hovan gets shot at dawn.

jagsnew.jpg

I REALLY hope that's the bottom of the pads. If they include Calgary Flames-style "piping to nowhere" in this update, that will be a HUGE mistake.

But we did hear from a reliable source that these unis would be traditional but contain an element that's "unlike anything in the NFL (I'm paraphrasing)," right? I kind of assumed that meant some kind of horizontal striping/piping like the Miami Hurricanes use.

canes.jpg

Unfortunately the guides don't show the back of the jerseys so I can't make any comments on that teaser pic.

Can you confirm if there's something on the front/side of the uniform that would line up with the supposed back piping we may or may not see in the teaser image?

Hadn't done one in a while...just for fun!

Helmet-JagsConcept.png

I like. It has the added advantage of the jaguar no longer looking like it had just consumed a Blue-Ice Popsicle.

Wow. Got to say that in this pic, it looks a lot better to me than I expected....I wonder what the teal helmet would look like with a teal facemask or a god facemask. I always thought the best color for a facemask would either be the primary shell color, or the main color of the logo on the helmet. Contrasting colors often make the helmet look "odd". Just my 2 cents....

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

canes.jpg

Isn't that photo from the game that got Lamar Thomas fired?

"You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playing that stuff....You can't come over to our place talking noise like that. You'll get your butt beat. I was about to go down the elevator to get in that thing.....I say, why don't we meet outside in the tunnel after the ball game and get it on some more? You don't come into the OB, baby. We've had a down couple of years but you don't come in here talking smack. Not in our house."

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

This logo appears to match the Jaguars new word mark font. It's just too plain of a font for me. I would prefer a more sleek look or something that shows motion... or quickness. It just doesn't represent my perception of a jaguars that well.

As far as the picture shown above. It really appears to be creases or wrinkles. The spacing between the numbers are uneven for it to be a matching stripe pattern.

jagsparty.jpg

notice the white stripe under the numbers on this enhanced pic also looks like there could be some black there too

18596082.jpg

Might that also just simply be the light and the shadow from a wrinkle in the jersey? I'm just sayin...I wouldn't go the "wraparound bib piping" route just yet...

...Of course, I'm also trying to preserve my own sanity--I already don't like this new uniform, nor do I like this font I'm looking at. Look like whoever drew up this new "typography" sipped from the same cup as the Falcons and Cardinals...take a standard block number, snip a corner here, round off a corner there...PRESTO!--new unique block numbers! And I HATE it. Jacksonville's soon-to-be-former typography is FAR better...it has personality. This is just "following the trend"...which every designer is taught and drilled NOT to do...instead, identify trends and stay AHEAD of them. Jacks.

/RANT

(On an semi-related note...what is going on with that letter "N"??? What's with the triangle-shaped conversion points? Wack...just wack.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived