Jaguars getting new uniforms

thewhodat

It's just a shame, because their original 1995 uniforms had evolved to the point of perfection (until they changed the road numbers and added the leotard pants.) The font was perfect, the colors were perfect (save for the previously mentioned mistakes). They were thisclose to having a timeless set.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Might that also just simply be the light and the shadow from a wrinkle in the jersey? I'm just sayin...I wouldn't go the "wraparound bib piping" route just yet...

...Of course, I'm also trying to preserve my own sanity--I already don't like this new uniform, nor do I like this font I'm looking at. Look like whoever drew up this new "typography" sipped from the same cup as the Falcons and Cardinals...take a standard block number, snip a corner here, round off a corner there...PRESTO!--new unique block numbers! And I HATE it. Jacksonville's soon-to-be-former typography is FAR better...it has personality. This is just "following the trend"...which every designer is taught and drilled NOT to do...instead, identify trends and stay AHEAD of them. Jacks.

/RANT

(On an semi-related note...what is going on with that letter "N"??? What's with the triangle-shaped conversion points? Wack...just wack.)

I gotta' agree with you my fellow NFC south brotheren....This is just another 'cookie-cutter' uniform being trotted out as the 'new' in the NFL! Their previous font was perfect even in a triple layer format. The sharp ends that they came to seemed right for a team named after a huge animal with sharp claws. Looking at the photo closer I see how it could resemble a wrinkle in the jersey with a falling shadow, but the wrinkle is just to white in apperance for me to say that it isn't a stripe of some sort. As of now for what I'm seeing with the hints given....DOWNGRADE! I'll reserve further judgement until it's all put out!

It's not piping from what I understand. From what the source on the Jags board says... It's not the pads , it's not a wrinkle and it's not piping. Just some sort of striping. Something different that no one else has.

Bingo.

Hadn't done one in a while...just for fun!

Helmet-JagsConcept.png

I like. It has the added advantage of the jaguar no longer looking like it had just consumed a Blue-Ice Popsicle.

Wow. Got to say that in this pic, it looks a lot better to me than I expected....I wonder what the teal helmet would look like with a teal facemask or a god facemask. I always thought the best color for a facemask would either be the primary shell color, or the main color of the logo on the helmet. Contrasting colors often make the helmet look "odd". Just my 2 cents....

Is that more jade than teal? I don't know how it would look with the uniform but the helmet by itself looks beautiful that way.

It's not piping from what I understand. From what the source on the Jags board says... It's not the pads , it's not a wrinkle and it's not piping. Just some sort of striping. Something different that no one else has.

Bingo.

All I can see in my mind is a Miami-esque vertical stripe coming from around armpit or neck area, or going down to the sides of the pants to form the pant stripe.

Smoothie, you don't ask the Allmighty for his ID.

Wow - another veiled Star Trek V (nay, 5, for those of you in Rio Linda....) reference. But I believe it is spelled "Almighty" or "All-mighty" if you want the hyphenated version.

But either way, he's right. You don't go asking Him for His ID. Colorwerx is the only one who even comes close on this board (ah, just kidding....). He is an angel with colors though...... :D

Bingo.

Is it a rear spoiler? That's something no team has done...although it WOULD make them easier to pull down from behind...and more susceptible to speeding tickets.

Seriously, my vote is for scratch marks, even though it doesn't make sense--if they're Jaguars, THEY should be the ones doing the scratching, not getting scratched.

Can you not establish a difference between the two?

Piping = skinny lines

Striping = fatter lines, varying widths.

I don't know what uniforms you have seen in your life, but they are more different than similar, really.

I've seen almost no uniforms in my life. None. You caught me... I don't even know what a "uniform" (is that how you spell it?) is. Thanks for your help with this. You are now my guru.

So much for defining identity. :wacko: Something like that will be gone within 10 years, mark my words!

Seriously, just relegate the black to trim status (rules aren't being followed in the little technicalities, so why can't an exception be made for that stupid "10% black" rule), and go mostly teal and gold. That'll make you pop out more, Jaguars. Do we have any official word on black or gold being relegated?

So much for defining identity. :wacko: Something like that will be gone within 10 years, mark my words!

Seriously, just relegate the black to trim status (rules aren't being followed in the little technicalities, so why can't an exception be made for that stupid "10% black" rule), and go mostly teal and gold. That'll make you pop out more, Jaguars. Do we have any official word on black or gold being relegated?

Not that I'm aware of (but then again, only two people in this community that I can think of would know for sure). But...just go ahead and assume gold is the odd color out.

Back on my soapbox, I don't know whether it's Wayne Weaver or this GM Smithers of theirs that's done heightened this persence of black in the Jaguars' identity, but one of those two if not both of them f'd up, quite frankly. I think they wre so bent on duplicating the Steelers that they sold their soul to try to look like them, literally. "Hey--Pittsburgh wins, they're successful, they wear black...we can copy them and then look just as good even though we win't half as good!" <_<

And then this new typography comes out...and then this whole "back bib" thing (if that is what this turns into, and it really looks like it might)...

DustDevil is half-right. I think that look will change in 10 years...but it'll look "dated" well before that, in my opinion. Shoot--it kinda already does.

Hear, hear. If they want to make the Jags look unique, then they need to drop the BLACK!!

I'm willing to bet that the gradual shift towards black in their uniforms didn't pan out as well as management hoped...meaning, it didn't lead to a sharp increase in jersey sales. So why not start over?

Ok, this is the second time you dropped the "10% black rule" comment. The first time I figured you were just making a confusing joke of some kind, but here it is again, so I gotta ask...

What?

Archived