Jaguars getting new uniforms

thewhodat

I've just from these boards that the NFL imposes a "10% black" rule for teams wearing black. It shows up now and again on the boards, so it seems that there is an actual "10% black" rule that teams use. The mere thought of it irritates me to no end. I don't know if the NFL actually imposes such a rule, but it shows up on these boards (not from me :D ) enough to get me thinking that such a rule exists. So, to avoid your confusion and mine on the matter, is there actually such a rule?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've just from these boards that the NFL imposes a "10% black" rule for teams wearing black. It shows up now and again on the boards, so it seems that there is an actual "10% black" rule that teams use. The mere thought of it irritates me to no end. I don't know if the NFL actually imposes such a rule, but it shows up on these boards (not from me :D ) enough to get me thinking that such a rule exists. So, to avoid your confusion and mine on the matter, is there actually such a rule?

Alrighty, made up rule. Got it.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

No. Whoever you heard it from was either making a joke or just wrong.

I hate the fact that black is considered part of the Cowboys set. I know it's technically true, but sheesh. Four thin stripes on a sleeve.

The solution would be to get rid of the four thin stripes, and then black would not be considered part of the set.

I think if you're gonna have needless black, then your color designations should reflect that so you can be called out for it.

True enough.

It's not like the Cowboys incorporate black because it comes as a standard incidental color on equipment or something. It's an accent color on their jerseys, placed there deliberately for its æsthetic value, and as such becomes a team color (albeit a secondary one).

I'm with cheo, though - time to drop it.

I hate the fact that black is considered part of the Cowboys set. I know it's technically true, but sheesh. Four thin stripes on a sleeve.

The solution would be to get rid of the four thin stripes, and then black would not be considered part of the set.

I think if you're gonna have needless black, then your color designations should reflect that so you can be called out for it.

I'll be honest - that's kind of what I've been doing with the Cowboys' Black in terms of my "official" colors on the SSUR.

If you look at the Cowboys' official color specs, they really only list Navy, Silver (helmet Silver-Blue), Silver (color uniform pants), Royal Blue, Silver-Green (white uniform pants), and Gray (helmet facemasks). Black hasn't been singled-out on the sheets, per se, but due to the fact that the designers DO specify specific Pantone and Process Simulation values for those stripes, I have included them in the official color set. For example, all NFL teams that used Black between 1997 and 2001 used PANTONE Black 6 C as the official Black. In 2002, all of these teams (except Carolina) had their Black changed to PANTONE Process Black C. The Cowboys' Black stripes made this change as well.

It's probably debatable whether or not they really SHOULD be included, but my rule is that if it's in the logo or in the uniforms, I put it in there.

(Waiting for BallWonk's rebuttle...)

:P

I'll be honest - that's kind of what I've been doing with the Cowboys' Black in terms of my "official" colors on the SSUR.

If you look at the Cowboys' official color specs, they really only list Navy, Silver (helmet Silver-Blue), Silver (color uniform pants), Royal Blue, Silver-Green (white uniform pants), and Gray (helmet facemasks). Black hasn't been singled-out on the sheets, per se, but due to the fact that the designers DO specify specific Pantone and Process Simulation values for those stripes, I have included them in the official color set. For example, all NFL teams that used Black between 1997 and 2001 used PANTONE Black 6 C as the official Black. In 2002, all of these teams (except Carolina) had their Black changed to PANTONE Process Black C. The Cowboys' Black stripes made this change as well.

It's probably debatable whether or not they really SHOULD be included, but my rule is that if it's in the logo or in the uniforms, I put it in there.

(Waiting for BallWonk's rebuttle...)

:P

Well you (and us) wouldn't have this problem if the Cowboys decided to introduce some semblance of consistency between their two primary uniform sets :D

Alright, after consulting a friend, I think I am safe to say that those are indeed stripes on the back. I haven't actually seen the back, but those two spots do seem to align with what's on the front.

Sorry if I just ruined anyones day.

While I just hate the Cowboys :D .

Somehow I appreciate that one of the most dislikeable teams in sports has such a messed up set... works for me.

Archived