Jaguars getting new uniforms

thewhodat

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drew.jpg

From the beauty of their original signature, NFL-unique numeric font to this uninspired monstrosity in just over a decade. What a travesty. Frankly, if this is an indication of the general direction the uniform redesign is headed in, I'm not optimistic that it will be very appealing.

Bottom line? The Jaguars had it right at the outset, then simply engaged in one f***-up after another when it came to tweaking their uniforms. They should have simply left well enough alone.

Decided DOWNGRADE!!!

Drew.jpg

From the beauty of their original signature, NFL-unique numeric font to this uninspired monstrosity in just over a decade. What a travesty. Frankly, if this is an indication of the general direction the uniform redesign is headed in, I'm not optimistic that it will be very appealing.

Bottom line? The Jaguars had it right at the outset, then simply engaged in one f***-up after another when it came to tweaking their uniforms. They should have simply left well enough alone.

Decided DOWNGRADE!!!

I agree...i think they had one of the nicer sets in the NFL, at least in their basic design (color set, logo/wordmark, number font)...all they had to do was tweak. Im not too optimistic about what ive seen so far.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

It totally looks like a tweak to me. I don't know how anyone could say DOWNGRADE! or HORRIBLE until they actually see high quality pictures of players wearing the jerseys.

People are too stressed on this board sometimes.

Everyone loves a roundel.

I'm sure when they're unveiled we'll have pages of EPIC FAIL OMG regardless of what the set actually looks like.

You should feel shame for having written that. All of the posters here are rational, clear-thinking individuals prone to civil, well-thought-out critiques of new uniform designs. Just like the rest of the internet.

Might the stripe mimic the "arc" striping as seen on the word-mark? The stripe would be coming off of (or near) the bottom front numbers then wrapping around toward the back.

So does anyone else think the front of the jersey could have 'JAGUARS' written over the numbers? Then the tails coming off the J and S seen in the new wordmark become stripes down the side and onto the back?

Think about how the NFL has put wordmarks and logos on the jerseys (front and back) and the trend in the NHL (Vancouver, Dallas, etc.) to put the text on the jersey.

Might the stripe mimic the "arc" striping as seen on the word-mark? The stripe would be coming off of (or near) the bottom front numbers then wrapping around toward the back.

So does anyone else think the front of the jersey could have 'JAGUARS' written over the numbers? Then the tails coming off the J and S seen in the new wordmark become stripes down the side and onto the back?

Think about how the NFL has put wordmarks and logos on the jerseys (front and back) and the trend in the NHL (Vancouver, Dallas, etc.) to put the text on the jersey.

If those are small black and white stripes , they probably swoop up and around from the back of the jersey, and over the top of the numbers in front of the jersey. I dought that they anything written over the numbers as they would become difficult to read.

If those are small black and white stripes , they probably swoop up and around from the back of the jersey, and over the top of the numbers in front of the jersey. I dought that they anything written over the numbers as they would become difficult to read.

I don't think they will have the stripes wrap around the back of the jersey. Mainly because it was Nike who started doing that in college football with Miami, Clemson, Vanderbilt, Boise State, Ball State, etc. I don't think Reebok would steal something from them...

Sleeve logo on the back view is backwards, though

Nice catch....I did this at like 4 in the morning cause' the wife and kid decided to hold my side of the bed hostage!

That concept is awesome except for the sleeve logo. Leave the full body Jaguar on the sleeve and its perfect

I don't mind either one is cool, I just wanted to see something different that wasn't exactly the helmet logo like most teams have (including my Saints)

U2382-1239988076.png

Here's a HQ version of the picture, you can now clearly see there are two lines white and black that go into the back.

So the Jaguars are now (maybe) the Miami Hurricanes of the NFL (visual-wise). Nice.

Just did this one for fun....

NFLConcept-JacksonvilleJaguarsAway.png

Except for the number fonts and the type of sleeve logo, these are the original versions the team had back in 95. Never understood why they went away from such a perfect uniform concept.

I don't think so... I could be wrong, but I think the Jags always had the gold/black stripe at the end of the sleeve.

Archived